Multidelay - Tips & tricks Thread

Axe-Master
The Multidelay block on the III is something I've just got around to investigating thoroughly and the possibilities seem endless. I'm loving creating a quad chorus with some diffusion for a really unique modulation effect, as well for a wide panned delay/chorus for leads.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to learn more about it, so I'd love to hear how everyone is using it in their patches, what settings they're using and any unique or interesting effects they're generating with it. Post presets, clips and videos!

As a starter, here's a video I made exploring the chorus options on tap.

I like the idea of having the multi-delay block inside the unit and I'd like to add it to my presets, but I haven't found much use for it for what I do.

Is there anything for a 60-70's progressive/psychedelic rock lover? I'm interested!

@StratnVox has been using multi-delay to emulate Binson Echorec, which was quite interesting. You can try to convert his presets to III meanwhile he's waiting for his unit: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/shadows-presets.75350/

Crazy! I was JUST doing the same thing when I made that Deluxe clip. The Multi-Tap got me closer to my Mantic Proverb than anything else I’ve tried. Having diffusion and some moderate modulation is truly a thing of beauty.

Leon, you look like you just woke up in this video.... is that because you never sleep?!?! Where do you find time for all this research, exploration, presentation, filming, editing and posting? .....and then there's having to know the song material, tones and licks....AND being able to play them......

You sure you've been getting the proper amount of sleep, buddy? ;)

I don't, and won't pretend to, understand how you accomplish all this, but it's much appreciated. I look forward to your videos every hour or two. YOU 'DA MAN! :confused:

Leon, you look like you just woke up in this video.... is that because you never sleep?!?! Where do you find time for all this research, exploration, presentation, filming, editing and posting? .....and then there's having to know the song material, tones and licks....AND being able to play them......

You sure you've been getting the proper amount of sleep, buddy? ;)

I don't, and won't pretend to, understand how you accomplish all this, but it's much appreciated. I look forward to your videos every hour or two. YOU 'DA MAN! :confused:

Believe it or not I generally sleep pretty well! My workflow for creating vids, especially with the Axe, is very streamlined so I can pump these out with minimal fuss.

Oh my! I just watched the whole video. For some reason it started from the middle and I thought it was for that particular sound only!

That Lifeson type of a chorus sounds amazing! If I change my chorus block to multi-delay, I can have THE chorus sound + cool ambient sounds with just one block. Sold.

Thanks @2112 !

If I change my chorus block to multi-delay, I can have THE chorus sound + cool ambient sounds with just one block. Sold.
@2112 !

The real power of the III isn't how many blocks you can run, but how much you can do with a single block.

Running a wah - amp - cab - multidelay on the III pretty much gives me everything I need; the GEQ in the wah can add a boost, the input eq and input drive in the amp block can help me tighten up and boost my rhythm tone. the room parameter and preamp controls in the cab block add further polish and the multidelay handles modulation and ambience.

I've attached a preset which replicates my main gigging preset using only 4 blocks. Wah with Petrucci inspired GEQ settings, Uberschall on two channels with different boosts and levels, @yorkaudio IR's and a multidelay block covering rhythmic delay, lead delay and a rotary style soun. All I'd be tempted to add is a Multiband compressor after the amp to tighten the palm mutes, but nonetheless it sounds awesome and only hits around 25% on the CPU :D

Attachments

• LT Minimalist.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
The real power of the III isn't how many blocks you can run, but how much you can do with a single block.

Exactly! I'm already struggling with my CPU being a little above 80% and still explaining to myself that I need all that stuff. I've made some compromises already (dropping one drive block, wah block, rotary and another flanger). I'm also running 6-8 external pedals (mainly fuzzes, wah and OD). I hope I can talk myself into getting rid of more stuff soon...

I like the idea of having the multi-delay block inside the unit and I'd like to add it to my presets, but I haven't found much use for it for what I do.

Is there anything for a 60-70's progressive/psychedelic rock lover? I'm interested!

@StratnVox has been using multi-delay to emulate Binson Echorec, which was quite interesting. You can try to convert his presets to III meanwhile he's waiting for his unit: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/shadows-presets.75350/
Do you have these? I couldn't get any of the download links to work from that

Leon, you have opened my eyes to my now favourite chorus effect in the AxeFXIII.
I'm loving your instructional videos BTW. Props for your efforts and generosity to this community.
Cheers.

I've always been a big fan of the u-he MFM2 delay plugin. The controls on the multidelay in the AxeIII look very similar which makes me very happy!!

https://u-he.com/products/mfm2/

If you like this you're going to love the multidelay.

Leon, you have opened my eyes to my now favourite chorus effect in the AxeFXIII.
I'm loving your instructional videos BTW. Props for your efforts and generosity to this community.
Cheers.

It's mine too! Such an incredible block.

Back
Top Bottom