Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
I wish a Multiband splitter block that split each band into a row.

I wish 6 band (same as row in the grid), but 4 could be wiser for FM3 portability.

It should be trasparent and simple: the only parameters are crossover frequencies for each band. No need for level(s) or block bypass. It could be useful to select row number for each block, to create 2-3(-4-5) band splitter.

Use:
Creative multiband effects (MBFX) like multiband compressor, enhancer, eq, filter, distortion, flanger, delay....
Splitting band(s) into different output (different amps and cabs or driver)
Splitting parallel fx chain (each with filtered input)
Enhance tone in mixing/mastering session (dynamic, reverb, eq...)

Pro:
Use less CPU than a multiband compressor/fx block
more versatile than dedicated MBFX: add fx block only when needed in the row(s).

Cons:
It require additional block to create MBFX (CPU usage may vary; to activate the MBFX you should unbypass each addtional block)

Have you tried using filter blocks as crossovers?
I used Filter/PEQ/Filter (hi mid kow) with od/amp/od, for more extreme distortion/fuzz that retain clarity and punch in complex chords. Adjusting the freq in one band create freq boost/cut around the crossover freq. A multiband should split the signal without phase change, returning the original signal simply by summing the bands.
I tried with AX8 but run quickly out of blocks, so I switch to dual band... useable... still a bit too complex if you want to change the freq on the run... so I quit it. The AX8 has no multiband compressor... same for FM3 if I recall... if the cpu usage were lower, it could be added to sus the block.

Back
Top Bottom