Multi-purpose patch tricks Thread (for lazy feet)

speedloader

Inspired
A place to share some unusual ways to keep a lot of options and effects in a patch while minimizing CPU% and simplifying the footswitch work.

4 channels amp - 2 footswitches - 2 rows

If you lack horizontal room, CPU% and need many free footswitches :

Add the Scene 1/2 and Control Switch 1 to the pedalboard.
Add two GEQ in parallel, before the amp.
One GEQ bypass mode set to Thru, the other set to Bypass.
Attach their bypass modes to control switch 1, so that they activate simultaneously.
Attach their levels to scene 1 and scene 2 controllers.

The scene 1 and 2 controllers will be used to cut alternatively the level of 1 GEQ on scene 1, and the other on scene 2. This way, you only need 1 switch to cut or activate any GEQ. On scene 1, GEQ 1 will modify Amp X, on scene 2, GEQ 2 will modify Amp Y. So you can get clean, crunch, rhythm and lead channels, relying on two different amp models, and it's all controlled by two switches.

Depending on how you organize your amp channels, it is possible to automatize some effects in crossed ways : some can depend on scenes, some can depend on the control switch. For example you could auto activate a delay only on the lead and clean, scene 2, and only auto activate a reverb on the clean and crunch, when GEQs are on.

Same Scene Whammy/Octaver trick

This one comes from my main patch. I like to get an optional Octaver (1 octave lower mixed with normal signal) with moderate gain channels and an optional Whammy (+1 octave) for the high gain channels, both on the same Scene (and any scene).

Add the Pitch and both Control Switches to the pedalboard.
Control Switch 1 set to Momt. will activate the pitch effects.
Control Switch 2 will decrease/increase the amp gain in a way or another.

Pitch in Fixed Harm mode
Voice1 Lvl 100%, Voice2 Level 0%.

Attach Voice1 and Mix to Control Switch 2
Voice1 modifier : min/max -12 to 12.
Mix modifier : min/max 50% to 100%.

Attach Master Pitch to Control Switch 1 modifier, min 0%, max 100%, Damping aprox 30 ms.
Damping simulates the behavior of a whammy pedal.
You will need the Pitch block in the pedalboard since it affects the sound when it's on, unless you use the Scenes to on/off it.

Some interesting ideas, could you share a patch that demonstrates?

I’ve tried using the scene 1/2 switch similarly but usually revert back to three scene switches to get what I want or save having to press multiple switches to switch from clean or rhythm into a lead sound.

Lately I’ve been configuring a delay block with a 3db level bump. So when I switch it on it can turn a clean, dirt, or distorted sound into a slightly delayed/boosted lead with one click.

@toddwh50 sure, here's a patch that mixes both tricks. If the default channel and clean channel aren't balanced, you may need to modify the global amp gain in the global setup.

My main patch is also based on 3 scenes for a 5 channel amp, but I still use the scene 1/2 switch. Scene 1/2 are clean and rhythm, scene 3 lead, and a control switch for rhythm/high gain (that doesn't affect the clean). I place them respectively on footswitches 3, 8 and 4, so that any channel is at most 2 nearby clicks apart from any other.

Attachments

• 4 CH 2 FS + octawam.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom