Multi-FX Pedal/Modeler without breaking the bank?

Morbid

Inspired
Trying to help someone find a deal on something for bass without totally breaking the bank (otherwise I'd have them just get an AX8).
Hoping to find something that will deliver an array of solid bass tones, while ALSO allowing for an idea I have, which is to allow the bass to take up some of the room that a rhythm guitar would, ala Royal Blood style, by splitting the bass signal something like this

Signal 1 > Normal bass tones
Signal 2 > Clean Bass > Pitch Shifter (1 octave up) > harmonizer (power chord sound) > distortion = fake rhythm guitar.

Signal 2 would need to be able to be clicked on and off (like a preset), and wouldn't have to NAIL a guitar sound (obviously), but would need to sound convincing enough to not totally off set the sound when I start to play a solo.

Hopefully that all makes sense...

I initially looked into the Eleven Rack (because I saw a decent local deal), but heard some horror stories about paying for the software to edit it on a PC, etc. I've long since fallen out of the Line 6 loop, and I only know of the Helix (which is a bit out of the current price range).

So here I am looking for suggestions :) What fair priced unit do you feel can do this without completely shitting the bed?

Last edited:
Well, "breaking the bank" means different things to different people. What is the actual budget here?

I wasn't really given an exact number, but I figure around $500 would probably be manageable for him, but savings where savings can be had is a nice thought :)

The Eleven Rack I found locally is for $300 with a Ground Control Pro, and has the Bass Expansion downloaded to it already, which is what got me looking at that unit.

Might want to watch some videos for the "Bass FlyRig" it might fill the bill and go from $2-300

Might want to watch some videos for the "Bass FlyRig" it might fill the bill and go from $2-300
Yup. In that price range, the FlyRig is pretty much unbeatable. Some people still use the M5's as well, but I found them lacking a bit too much. The Fly Rig is actually very, very nice and sounds killer.

Back
Top Bottom