Multi Delay X/Y ?

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
Is there a technical reason the Multi Delay block doesn't have X/Y capability on the Axe-FX II+ while it does on the FX8 and AX8, or is it just something that hasn't been implemented in the firmware yet? I've got some patches where it would be really useful to be able to switch between different multi delay settings in different scenes. Or is there another way to do this?

+1 :cool:

You could use scenes controllers to change some parameters if you are using the same model. Or use a second Multi-Delay block (CPU permitting?)

Hm I need to read up on scene controllers, that might work. I’m guessing changing models on a multi-delay would cause a glitch anyway because of the different internal routine.

My patches already use two multi-delays so just switching between them is not an option.

Is there a technical reason the Multi Delay block doesn't have X/Y capability on the Axe-FX II+ while it does on the FX8 and AX8, or is it just something that hasn't been implemented in the firmware yet? I've got some patches where it would be really useful to be able to switch between different multi delay settings in different scenes. Or is there another way to do this?

There are two multidelay blocks on the AxeFxII, that might be the reason. Just use the two blocks and engage the desired one per scene. Switching from X to Y would give you flutter and artifacts when changing scenes.

Good Question. We have two delay locks but they have X/Y functionality. 2 Multi Delay Blocks but no X/Y.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom