Multi Delay 1 kills Reverb?

flash6969

Inspired
So I experienced something very strange today. Wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this behaviour before in their Axe FX II??

A few effects (drives, amps, phasers etc) goes into a chorus, this splits into a multi delay 1 which then feeds a reverb and then out. Other side of the split goes to delay 1 and then out.

So anyways, I found a good sound for MD1 & copied it to my other presets. And then the reverb didn't work. On all the presets I had copied the MD1 sound to. Its on, but no reverb echo can be heard!! Turned the mix up to 100% = nothing. Its like its not switched on. Turned the Axe FX on & off several times - same thing. Weird huh?
So i swapped the position of the MD1 & delay 1 - hey presto, my reverb sound re-appears. Didn't delete the delay effects; I literally dragged & dropped them to a new position & it started working.

Im guessing its a glitch in the preset but Ive never seen anything like this before. Anyone else seen this??

You’re using a delay where one side is out of phase so when the reverb combines L and R they cancel out and yield...silence.

Edit delay to not have one side out of phase with the other to correct issue.

Thanks but that’s not it: i didn’t get silence. The delays worked as expected & there was sound coming out; just no reverb effect

Just a glitch I think. I've seen this before while toying around making presets. Putting effects in parallel then saw issues like this.

Back
Top Bottom