1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Delay 1 kills Reverb?

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by flash6969, Jun 10, 2018.

1. flash6969

flash6969
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

So I experienced something very strange today. Wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this behaviour before in their Axe FX II??

A few effects (drives, amps, phasers etc) goes into a chorus, this splits into a multi delay 1 which then feeds a reverb and then out. Other side of the split goes to delay 1 and then out.

So anyways, I found a good sound for MD1 & copied it to my other presets. And then the reverb didn't work. On all the presets I had copied the MD1 sound to. Its on, but no reverb echo can be heard!! Turned the mix up to 100% = nothing. Its like its not switched on. Turned the Axe FX on & off several times - same thing. Weird huh?
    So i swapped the position of the MD1 & delay 1 - hey presto, my reverb sound re-appears. Didn't delete the delay effects; I literally dragged & dropped them to a new position & it started working.

Im guessing its a glitch in the preset but Ive never seen anything like this before. Anyone else seen this??

2. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

You’re using a delay where one side is out of phase so when the reverb combines L and R they cancel out and yield...silence.

Edit delay to not have one side out of phase with the other to correct issue.

3. flash6969

flash6969
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks but that’s not it: i didn’t get silence. The delays worked as expected & there was sound coming out; just no reverb effect

4. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

Post your preset

5. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Just a glitch I think. I've seen this before while toying around making presets. Putting effects in parallel then saw issues like this.

6. flash6969

flash6969
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks; I suspected as much