1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi channel wireless headset mic systems?

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by unix-guy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Does anyone have any experience with Multi channel wireless headset mic systems?

My band is fully direct and all in-ear. Mostly we don't sing (aside from the lead vocalist who has a nice wireless mic already, but we need mics to communicate with each other during gigs and rehearsals.

I've been thinking about picking up a quad channel system for this purpose as it means 4 less cables and 4 less mic stands to setup and tear down. We may also use these for occasional backing vocals, too.

Mostly I've seen options only from Nady (a little old school?) or VocoPro (seems to maybe not be great quality).

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Nobody?:(

3. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse

Audio Technica has a “System10” I’ve been looking at. 2 mics per receiver - handheld, lav, instrument, or any combo. I’ve used other AT wireless for cameras and it was fine, but no experience with their instrument systems.

For non-performance maybe the less expensive things could work, but I’d just hardwire for that personally.

unix-guy likes this.
  4. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Thanks, I'll take a look at those.