Multi Band Comp

dvuksanovich

I just +1ed another post on the same topic, but not sure how the scores are kept on what the most popular wishes are, so I'm starting another thread on this as well.

Would be great to have the MBC on the AX8. I love pretty much everything about the AX8 except for the fact that my high gain palm mutes peak way above the rest of the frequency spectrum.

I've tried so many different things to fight this... PEQ, amp settings, cab settings, but nothing works quite the way the MBC does (based on what I've seen in various YouTube videos).

The MBC would be the last piece of the tone puzzle for me.

I just +1ed another post on the same topic, but not sure how the scores are kept on what the most popular wishes are, so I'm starting another thread on this as well.

Don't think it makes much of a difference since the FAS criteria for picking proposals is unknown.

Would be great to have the MBC on the AX8. I love pretty much everything about the AX8 except for the fact that my high gain palm mutes peak way above the rest of the frequency spectrum.

I've tried so many different things to fight this... PEQ, amp settings, cab settings, but nothing works quite the way the MBC does (based on what I've seen in various YouTube videos).

The MBC would be the last piece of the tone puzzle for me.

Try a high pass filter set around 100-150Hz. A "real" guitar speaker drops off at around 100Hz, so if you're chugging away without removing those frequencies you're probably getting big 60-80Hz spikes that don't need to be there. Not the same thing that you're asking for, but certainly a way to skin the cat and clean up that low-end. Cheers!

It's not a popularity contest and to be perfectly frank, we have no reason to expect Fractal to inform us of their decision making process. That said, everything I've seen to this point indicates they read every wish and those that haven't been implemented have already been thought of, considered, tried, or simply isn't feasible.

I would start with recording your playing and look at the frequency values with a good DAW meter to figure out what parts to tame. Or then just play around and find those ranges. It also helps to learn a more clean playing style.

Back
Top Bottom