Muffled Tone

dandufour

Ever since I did a factory reset and updated the firmware, the sound of every patch
sounds like I have a blanket over my speakers. I am using 2 Headrush 1-12's. Don't
know if it's just the quality of those speakers or some global settings. Can't afford
to keep buying different speakers to try. Any suggestions for how to cure this?
Dan

Resetting all system parameters should be your first step if you haven't already. This resets the global EQ to flat, among other things.

Another thing, move your physical self. Where you put your ears has an effect on the sound, I've found my tone can sound really dull if I'm at a certain angle from my speakers, and overly bright at a different angle. However I don't know how this applies to FRFR speakers, I'm speaking from my little combo amp. I would assume it all depends on the room/ room treatment. YMMV

Didn't I do that when I did a system parameter reset?
Point well taken about where your speakers are sitting. One day thinks sound fine
and the next day the same things don't.

So after trying many things, I think I am going to give up on the Axe FX 2XL and sell it.
I tried plugging it into A pair of powered speakers, the effects return of a Boss 2-12 amp,
and the effects return of a peavey amp. All the factory presets sound so dull and lifeless.
I had an Axe FX2 about 6 years ago and recall loving it. Don't know why I don't now. I have
a Line 6 Pod Go that sounds way better than the Axe FX does and that just shouldn't be.
Anyways, guess I'll be moving on.
Dan

Back
Top Bottom