muffled on/ off since update

Harm

Experienced
Hello all,
In short all the facts:
I updated the Axe FX 2 to the quantum version.
I had a gig the next day, of course I was careful with my gear, but still it needed to be moved from the house and back.
The day after that I noticed while playing that suddenly, like a wave, everything became muffled. Like a blanket being thrown. Made me think a faulty cable. Turned the axe off (only the axe, not the monitor speaker.) It happened on the (unaltered )preset: Blitz. Turned unit back on switched to different preset. All clear. Went back to that preset. After a minute, same thing. I did a reset (the reset where you erase all yer midi settings and stuff via utility.) Reprogrammed midi.
Changed guitar and guitar cable. Next day (don't have all day to mess with it :) ) Same thing happened on a different preset. Changed cable going from axe to monitor( active)

So I'm kinda in the middle of figuring it all out.
I'm thinking of resetting everything to factory settings and starting from scratch again. I wouldn't mind, because I just ordered a Matrix Q12a to replace my DB10-2 plus monitor speaker. This means reprogramming everything anyway. Of course I'm hoping that it's a software problem (or at the most hardware thing in my DB and not my axe fx..)

Anybody experience with the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Harm

This is weird. I just experienced this myself (Q6.0.3). I was playing through a IIC++ patch I'd created, with amp, cab, delay, and reverb blocks. Did nothing but switch amp & cab settings, and switch to scene 2 (delay enabled). No controller or other device attached (I was using AxeEdit 3.12.3). Sounded great for about 15 minutes, then suddenly sounded extremely muffled, as if a low-pass filter was applied.

I believe this happened to me once before (on a previous Quantum release), but it went away after powering the device off and on. That worked once tonight, but recurred again shortly after, and this time a reboot didn't fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom