MSG Michael Schenker Group new album "Universal"

Piing

Axe-Master
There are things that never get old. And Kiske on vocals!!

Dedicated to the great Ronnie James Dio

That is the single pre-release. The album will come later.

Interesting collaborations. I am looking forward to listen to it

Vocals: Ronnie Romero (Rainbow, Vandenberg), Michael Kiske (Helloween) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear)
Keyboards: Steve Mann (Lionheart), Tony Carey (Rainbow)
Drummers Simon Phillips (Toto, The Who), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake, Foreigner), Bobby Rondinelli (Rainbow) and Bodo Schopf (Eloy)
Bass: Bob Daisley (Black Sabbath), Barry Sparks (Malmsteen, Dokken) and Barend Courbois (Blind Guardian, Zakk Wylde)

Last edited:
Wow! This has been out there since 2017 but I never heard it. Glad I found it. Getting the album now

I haven't heard any modern band of mega-metal more powerful than these old farts

Doogie White, Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet, Robin McAuley

Last edited:
Wow! This has been out there since 2017 but I never heard it. Glad I found it. Getting the album now

I haven't heard any modern band of mega-metal more powerful than these old farts

Doogie White, Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet, Robin McAuley

I wish I would have went to that Tour. I had a chance and passed. It would have been epic!

And yes, that album Michael did with ALL the prominent singers from his career is probably
my favourite release of his since his heyday in the 80s.

It’s strange for me to hear MS without his wah but I guess he stopped that a while ago. I like his new sound much better.

I wish I would have went to that Tour. I had a chance and passed. It would have been epic!

And yes, that album Michael did with ALL the prominent singers from his career is probably
my favourite release of his since his heyday in the 80s.
I saw them- it wasn’t so epic….

I saw MSG in the 80’s sometime. It was a good show but nothing like the epic Strangers in the Night. I still listen to that one occasionally. That was MS at his peak on a very good night.

I listened to that entire live album today. So good!

I am such a massive fan that I can't honestly choose. It's all
great to my ears.

Universal is album of the year for me so far. The more I listen the more I like it. Michael's
tone and playing are great throughout, and these are some of the best songs from a
senior citizen I have ever heard. :)

I love everything Michael has ever done. Thanks for sharing! :)
ICYMI... Schenker plays on 'Vortex', the new Derek Sherinian/Simon Phillips joint(also discussed in The Lounge)on a tune called 'Die Kobra' which also features Zakk Wylde, Tony Franklin, and of course Simon Phillips...

Back
Top Bottom