AFIII Mr May tones. Preset and video links.

Sounds phenomenal. I have a "white special" like yours coming my way for Christmas, but have been enjoying AB's preset in the meantime and will definitely have a go at yours.

Just wish I could play like you.

Excellent!

Funnily enough, while not included in the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack fo the Axe III, after seeing the great cover band "Killer Queen" (whose guitarist uses an AX8 BTW), I came home inspired and and put this preset similarly together in a short night then put it up on Axe-Change a few weeks ago.

Now going to have fun comparing Brett's now to mine and see what more I can learn! After all, he has the Brian May Guitar, I had to use a Tele and Strat. He's the best! :)

Brian Might or May (on Axe-Change) For Axe III

Brett's Burg Brian May preset For Axe III (as linked above!)

sounds pretty cool - the amp settings are really surprising - neary all controls down to zero. Haven´t tried this ...original amps has only high cut, also I remember Brian used the AC 30 - not the TopBoost? But it sounds very good here!

Sounds phenomenal. I have a "white special" like yours coming my way for Christmas, but have been enjoying AB's preset in the meantime and will definitely have a go at yours.

Just wish I could play like you.

They're great, fun guitars that do this thing (not surprisingly) really well. I reckon you'll love it. Enjoy!

Great stuff as usual Burgs....thanks for the preset!

No probs. I hope you can use it and have a bit of fun.

Excellent!

Funnily enough, while not included in the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack fo the Axe III, after seeing the great cover band "Killer Queen" (whose guitarist uses an AX8 BTW), I came home inspired and and put this preset similarly together in a short night then put it up on Axe-Change a few weeks ago.

Now going to have fun comparing Brett's now to mine and see what more I can learn! After all, he has the Brian May Guitar, I had to use a Tele and Strat. He's the best! :)

Brian Might or May (on Axe-Change) For Axe III

Brett's Burg Brian May preset For Axe III (as linked above!)

Thanks, AB! I'm going to check yours out when I get a spare moment later on. All the best!

sounds pretty cool - the amp settings are really surprising - neary all controls down to zero. Haven´t tried this ...original amps has only high cut, also I remember Brian used the AC 30 - not the TopBoost? But it sounds very good here!

Yeah, it's odd, I know. But it seemed to work with this guitar. All the best!

hello, I always found these youtube presets extremely artificial and fake...
As I am a Brian enthusiastic and welll know his gear as I play in a Queen tribute I've created a 2 amps dry wet tone.
For the ones using a either a handmade Red Special Guitar and an external Treble booster I've created this preset.
My Axe FX acts as 2 amps one replicates with tone match a vintage JMI and the other a TBX and then I do the dry wet.
You need to use an external treble booster tho or program an itnernal one but anyway just listen and if you like it I am happy to share.
Cheers
Rafa

hello, I always found these youtube presets extremely artificial and fake...
As I am a Brian enthusiastic and welll know his gear as I play in a Queen tribute I've created a 2 amps dry wet tone.
For the ones using a either a handmade Red Special Guitar and an external Treble booster I've created this preset.
My Axe FX acts as 2 amps one replicates with tone match a vintage JMI and the other a TBX and then I do the dry wet.
You need to use an external treble booster tho or program an itnernal one but anyway just listen and if you like it I am happy to share.
Cheers
Rafa

Very cool - please share!

My brother just sold his red Burns guitar ...guess I should have grabbed it ...anyway your scene 5 (I think) sounded like you were going to break into Have a Cigar by PF...really close, anyway great tones....

Back
Top Bottom