• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Mr May tones. Preset and video links.

Scented Meat

Power User
Sounds phenomenal. I have a "white special" like yours coming my way for Christmas, but have been enjoying AB's preset in the meantime and will definitely have a go at yours.

Just wish I could play like you.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Excellent!

Funnily enough, while not included in the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack fo the Axe III, after seeing the great cover band "Killer Queen" (whose guitarist uses an AX8 BTW), I came home inspired and and put this preset similarly together in a short night then put it up on Axe-Change a few weeks ago.

Now going to have fun comparing Brett's now to mine and see what more I can learn! After all, he has the Brian May Guitar, I had to use a Tele and Strat. He's the best! :)

Brian Might or May (on Axe-Change) For Axe III

Brett's Burg Brian May preset For Axe III (as linked above!)

Hubi

Experienced
sounds pretty cool - the amp settings are really surprising - neary all controls down to zero. Haven´t tried this ...original amps has only high cut, also I remember Brian used the AC 30 - not the TopBoost? But it sounds very good here!

Burgs

Experienced
Sounds phenomenal. I have a "white special" like yours coming my way for Christmas, but have been enjoying AB's preset in the meantime and will definitely have a go at yours.

Just wish I could play like you.
They're great, fun guitars that do this thing (not surprisingly) really well. I reckon you'll love it. Enjoy!

Great stuff as usual Burgs....thanks for the preset!
No probs. I hope you can use it and have a bit of fun.

Excellent!

Funnily enough, while not included in the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack fo the Axe III, after seeing the great cover band "Killer Queen" (whose guitarist uses an AX8 BTW), I came home inspired and and put this preset similarly together in a short night then put it up on Axe-Change a few weeks ago.

Now going to have fun comparing Brett's now to mine and see what more I can learn! After all, he has the Brian May Guitar, I had to use a Tele and Strat. He's the best! :)

Brian Might or May (on Axe-Change) For Axe III

Brett's Burg Brian May preset For Axe III (as linked above!)
Thanks, AB! I'm going to check yours out when I get a spare moment later on. All the best!

sounds pretty cool - the amp settings are really surprising - neary all controls down to zero. Haven´t tried this ...original amps has only high cut, also I remember Brian used the AC 30 - not the TopBoost? But it sounds very good here!
Yeah, it's odd, I know. But it seemed to work with this guitar. All the best!

Rafa Diaz

Inspired
hello, I always found these youtube presets extremely artificial and fake...
As I am a Brian enthusiastic and welll know his gear as I play in a Queen tribute I've created a 2 amps dry wet tone.
For the ones using a either a handmade Red Special Guitar and an external Treble booster I've created this preset.
My Axe FX acts as 2 amps one replicates with tone match a vintage JMI and the other a TBX and then I do the dry wet.
You need to use an external treble booster tho or program an itnernal one but anyway just listen and if you like it I am happy to share.
Cheers
Rafa

sskkmm

Experienced
hello, I always found these youtube presets extremely artificial and fake...
As I am a Brian enthusiastic and welll know his gear as I play in a Queen tribute I've created a 2 amps dry wet tone.
For the ones using a either a handmade Red Special Guitar and an external Treble booster I've created this preset.
My Axe FX acts as 2 amps one replicates with tone match a vintage JMI and the other a TBX and then I do the dry wet.
You need to use an external treble booster tho or program an itnernal one but anyway just listen and if you like it I am happy to share.
Cheers
Rafa
Very cool - please share!

Gourdo

Inspired
My brother just sold his red Burns guitar ...guess I should have grabbed it ...anyway your scene 5 (I think) sounded like you were going to break into Have a Cigar by PF...really close, anyway great tones....

Top Bottom