Mr. Big / Jared James Nicols

Keybi

Inspired
Yesterday I went to see Mr Big in Luxembourg.
It was worth it. Even though Eric Martin's voice is unfortunately completely broken. He was really struggling.
But I thought it was okay that the rest of the band made this farewell tour possible for him.

But I was very impressed by the support band. Jared James Nicols. With his 196 cm height, he made Paul Gilbert look small.
And Paul Gilbert is - like me - 193 cm tall.
But James is at least twice as wide as Paul and me. And only muscles, no fat. 💪
Fantastic band and a very nice person.
Well, you'll never convince him with Fractalaudio products. He played a BAD CAT top with a Les Paul that looked like a ukulele to him
and a guitar cable that was way too short.
In two week I going to see Slash and Mammoth there.
Luxembourg is not that far away from me. And I really like the country. Everyone is very relaxed and public transport is free for everyone. And most of the buses there are electric. And the venue - called Rockhal - is on the 'Avenue Du Rock N Roll'. 😀
And I've already ordered tickets for Dream Theater in November.

https://rockhal.lu/

mrbig.jpg

JJN is super musically connected and seems like a legit lovely guy. I love that he does his own thing with the fingerpicking.

Yesterday I went to see Mr Big in Luxembourg.
It was worth it. Even though Eric Martin's voice is unfortunately completely broken. He was really struggling.
But I thought it was okay that the rest of the band made this farewell tour possible for him.

But I was very impressed by the support band. Jared James Nicols. With his 196 cm height, he made Paul Gilbert look small.
And Paul Gilbert is - like me - 193 cm tall.
But James is at least twice as wide as Paul and me. And only muscles, no fat. 💪
Fantastic band and a very nice person.
Well, you'll never convince him with Fractalaudio products. He played a BAD CAT top with a Les Paul that looked like a ukulele to him
and a guitar cable that was way too short.
In two week I going to see Slash and Mammoth there.
Luxembourg is not that far away from me. And I really like the country. Everyone is very relaxed and public transport is free for everyone. And most of the buses there are electric. And the venue - called Rockhal - is on the 'Avenue Du Rock N Roll'. 😀
And I've already ordered tickets for Dream Theater in November.

https://rockhal.lu/

View attachment 138819
hi @Keybi

thanks for coming :) I actually work as a promoter there so i organise concerts there (mainly rock/metal and guitar orientated stuff shall we say)

show was great, saw Jared live for the first time, super impressed, got to hang out with him for a while too, took a pic with his incredible 57 les paul with double cream PAFs (hotter pafs from what i understood)

he was playing his signature blackstar amp, plugged straight in, no effects, not even a tuner i think 😄 he turned up the reverb on the amp for one track on the amp itself and then switched it back off after the intro

I was so happy when Mr Big brought the electric drills out, brought back the memories
and Paul's playing is still so on point as always, was a great evening

see you next week then for Slash, that's going to be cool as well

Attachments

• IMG-20240415-WA0000~2.jpg
    IMG-20240415-WA0000~2.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 16
hi @Keybi

thanks for coming :) I actually work as a promoter there so i organise concerts there (mainly rock/metal and guitar orientated stuff shall we say)

show was great, saw Jared live for the first time, super impressed, got to hang out with him for a while too, took a pic with his incredible 57 les paul with double cream PAFs (hotter pafs from what i understood)

he was playing his signature blackstar amp, plugged straight in, no effects, not even a tuner i think 😄 he turned up the reverb on the amp for one track on the amp itself and then switched it back off after the intro

I was so happy when Mr Big brought the electric drills out, brought back the memories
and Paul's playing is still so on point as always, was a great evening

see you next week then for Slash, that's going to be cool as well
Hallo Paul,

I'm looking forward to the Slash concert. I'm also looking forward seeing Wolfgang van Halen.
The Rockhal is one of my favorite concert halls. The ambience, the area around the hall, the nice restaurants.
And I can fill up on diesel on the way home. 🤣 That's the advantage of living close to the border.

Last edited:
Hallo Paul,

I'm looking forward to the Slash concert. I'm also looking forward seeing Wolfgang van Halen.
The Rockhal is one of my favorite concert halls. The ambience, the area around the hall, the nice restaurants.
And I can fill up on diesel on the way home. 🤣 That's the advantage of living close to the border.
where do you drive/come from?

yeah cheaper petrol, cigarettes and also coffee apparently feels like the second biggest business here after finance 😄

thanks for coming in any case 🙏 i wouldn't have a job if we didn't have an audience

where do you drive/come from?

yeah cheaper petrol, cigarettes and also coffee apparently feels like the second biggest business here after finance 😄

thanks for coming in any case 🙏 i wouldn't have a job if we didn't have an audience
That's why Luxembourg ist the richest country in the world 😀

I come from the county of Saarland. One hour drive. 30 minutes to the border.
Unfortunately then speed limit of 130 kph. 😂
30 minutes to the Rockhal.

Back
Top Bottom