MP3 to WAV

I always have it installed because it is so tiny and you never know.
Thanks bro. I already have Audacity. Just didn't know it had that capability since I haven't used it in a while.
BTW, many DAWs do this. I use Cakewalk, (for many decades actually) But the free CW by Bandlab does it also.

Can itunes do it? I know it can convert to mp3 so i imagine it does other files as well.

Can itunes do it? I know it can convert to mp3 so i imagine it does other files as well.

I wouldn't know, I once installed that crapware to put MP3's on a cheap iPod and promptly got rid of it, forever swearing to never EVER install it again. Gave me a lifelong hatred for everything Apple as well.

Audacity is probably the easiest way to convert mp3's. Open and save as.

on Windows 10 I'm been using MOVAVI for years, really easy to convert stand alone audio files and or video with audio strip them out or add them in, but generally wave files get dithered into mp3 or mp4 not the other way around.

My ignorance, but why would you want to convert lossy to lossless? You’re not gaining any information and just getting a bigger file.

Like shemihazazel said, sometimes you need to because some program you want to use doesn't accept MP3's. When I still burned audio CD's I had to convert MP3's to WAV just because the burning software didn't accept MP3.

ffmpeg. If you can handle command line.
Code:
ffmpeg -i file.mp3 file.wav
Doesn't get any easier ;)

To be more serious: For such a task audacity isn't the quickest solution, but if you only have a handfull of files, I'd just use it, since you already have it installed. If there are many files to be converted, I'd use a tool that allows batch conversion.

Back
Top Bottom