MP3 player into Axe-Fx II XL

aPeRSon

My previous home setup used a Line6 Pod HD500 and I often played along with tracks from my phone, using a stereo mini jack cable into the Pod's mp3 input. There isn't a dedicated mp3 input socket on my Axe-Fx II XL, so I'm using a new cable with 2 x output jacks, into the Input 2 rear sockets. I've added an Fx loop block to the bottom row of the matrix and connected shunts, then checked my I/O settings and I'm hearing the audio in stereo, but the level seems quite low, even with the volume at 100% on the phone, so I've lowered the volume of the preset for now to get a decent play along balance. The phone audio also sounds a little muffled / dull.

The Pod handled this task very well, so I'm presuming I've missed a setting (or two!) somewhere along the line - has anyone else run into this, or could offer some advice?

Press the I/O button, and on the page all the way to the left, set the value knob for input 2 so that the Input 2 lights to the right of the display almost lights up.

Now press the Layout button when you have selected the preset with your FXloop in and press the "Page right" button all the way to the right. Here you have 4 Level knobs and 4 Balance knobs and 1Main slider. Since you say you added the FXloop block to the bottom row then the 4th Level knob controlls the Level of your MP3 player/phone. Turn it up.

One thing though, I think that you shall make sure that the FXloop block is only connected to the Output/Right side of the grid.

Press the I/O button, and on the page all the way to the left, set the value knob for input 2 so that the Input 2 lights to the right of the display almost lights up.

Now press the Layout button when you have selected the preset with your FXloop in and press the "Page right" button all the way to the right. Here you have 4 Level knobs and 4 Balance knobs and 1Main slider. Since you say you added the FXloop block to the bottom row then the 4th Level knob controlls the Level of your MP3 player/phone. Turn it up.

One thing though, I think that you shall make sure that the FXloop block is only connected to the Output/Right side of the grid.

That fixed it - I finally got a chance to play this afternoon and tried it with just the FX loop output connected and I had plenty of level adjustment available! Got a good balance by boosting the .mp3 level by about 15dB. Thanks for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom