Moving to an Axe-Fx II/MFC-101 setup from an AX8

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,
So I used to have an Axe Fx II and traded for an AX8 awhile ago.
I'm thinking of going to an Axe Fx II/MFC 101 setup from the AX8 as I'd like a bit more power in my scenes and the ability to run more effects.

Is switching scenes on the Axe Fx II compared to the AX8 similar - meaning the time it takes to switch scenes?

Does anyone have any feedback on me doing this as far as pros and cons? I know I'll be lugging two things instead of 1, but if it gives me a bit more power I think it will be worth it so that I can run a few more effects at church.

scene switching depends on the load on the preset, but with the axe II effect morphing presets make changes with no delay. The axe II and mfc are a little more to carry, but not having to run anything but an xlr cable to the mfc on stage is nice.

Reactions: D20
Or you could grab an Fm3?
I find the Axe II and MFC has pretty good speedy switching to keep me happy during a gig.

Thanks for the replies guys!
I just weighing all the pros and cons at the moment. :)

I own ax8, ax2 and ax 3. I use the ax8 for rehearsals but the gap when switching presets annoys me. In the axe 2 i never really noticed a gap. On the three however there is a slightly bigger gap than in the 2.
I would never buy the fm 3. I can’t work with three buttons and when you add the price of the fc6 you have one pricy product.and when you have those 2 (fm and fc ) the simplicity and portability of the ax8 is better. Soundwise it is still awesome. I’ll behanging on to the ax8 for a long time.
Just my 2 cents

I own ax8, ax2 and ax 3. I use the ax8 for rehearsals but the gap when switching presets annoys me. In the axe 2 i never really noticed a gap. On the three however there is a slightly bigger gap than in the 2.
I would never buy the fm 3. I can’t work with three buttons and when you add the price of the fc6 you have one pricy product.and when you have those 2 (fm and fc ) the simplicity and portability of the ax8 is better. Soundwise it is still awesome. I’ll behanging on to the ax8 for a long time.
Just my 2 cents
Many thanks for the reply!

I’m not into the FM3 myself. I need more than 3 buttons. I also feel somewhat limited with the AX8. I never felt that when I had the Axe 2 but I also never had the MFC 101 to control it. I like being able to just carry one thing to rehearsals and to church when I play there but I feel like I need more power for my presets. I’m really contemplating trying to trade my AX8 for a axe 2 xl +

I think the 2 will be able to handle all I need it to. I’ll have to learn how to use the MFC 101 though as I have never tried one before.

Many thanks for the reply!

I’m not into the FM3 myself. I need more than 3 buttons. I also feel somewhat limited with the AX8. I never felt that when I had the Axe 2 but I also never had the MFC 101 to control it. I like being able to just carry one thing to rehearsals and to church when I play there but I feel like I need more power for my presets. I’m really contemplating trying to trade my AX8 for a axe 2 xl +

I think the 2 will be able to handle all I need it to. I’ll have to learn how to use the MFC 101 though as I have never tried one before.

Yeah the mfc is great with the axe and very intuitive. Kris (katsakuri media) has videos on youtube about setting it up which are priceless. It makes it a breeze to set it up. Since I have the axe 3 I am thinking about what to do with the 2. The mfc is less wide than 19 inch, so I am thinking of using a 4HE case and put the mfc in the bottom drawerr and the axe in the top. I think it will work and extremely portable with all the options and power of the axe 2.

Axe 2, mfc101 and scenes are best friends for switching sounds.
Eq and tonematch blocks are the secret sauce to copying tones(and cab block(s))
But...I'm truly getting tired of hearing the same old, tired blooze toans. Fractal can create tones never before recorded, just do it!

I really appreciate all the feedback guys! I'm still contemplating moving back to an Axe 2 setup.

I'm waiting to get my quad cortex first. :grimacing:

I'd like to have to completely different setups so I can get a variety of tones. Love my Fractal stuff!!!

Back
Top Bottom