Moving to a recording setup.

nateb

Inspired
I have been digging a little deeper as I have been getting use to the AXE-FX. I use to play through a VHT 2:90:2 into twin bogner uberkabs. At this time, I kept the cabs and power amp sims off. I replaced the VHT with an ART SLA-2 and turned on the power amp sims. I got a little more use to that and now I am thinking about hooking up to a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 and just playing through the computer for recording purposes. Now, I finally will be fully embracing this beast.

Now the question ::

1) What is the general opinion of M-Audio BX-8A's? If these are considered to be shit, what would be a Mid and Higher price alternative?
2) When setting up the axe-fx there are two settings for the poweramp. On and On NoThump. Which is to be used?
3) I never tried using the VHT with the power amp sims on but, it sounded like some people were. VHT or SLA-2? how is the VHT 2:90:2 suppose to be setup in order to get the full range output? I have a feeling that this is going to be answered with a simple "No."

Again, thanks for the response ahead of time, you guys have always been a big help.

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom