Bug? Moving presets in Axe-Manage Presets kills the presets

Marcus Siepen

Inspired
I just found a pretty bad bug, I can't say though if it is caused by the latest firmware or the latest update for Axe Edit. Anyway, I wanted to reorganize some of my patches, so I started Axe Edit (version 3.14.4, should be the latest version) and went to Axe Manage Presets. I then moved some presets from Position 4 and 5 to position 30 and 31, in both cases I used the cut /paste funtion and of course I saved after doing so. Axe Manage Presets showed both patches on the new positions, so far so good. Then I did the same thing to two other patches, moving them to slots 4 and 5. Again, after saving everything, Axe Manage Presets showed me those patches on position 4 and 5 now. But after closing Axe Manage Presets all of those slots are empty! The 2 patches that I moved to slots 30 and 31 are gone, and those other 2 patches that I then moved to slots 4 and 5 are gone too. I tried to reboot my Axe FX (it is an Axe FX II XL, running Ares 1.03) but nothing changed, I lost all 4 patches. After that I just tried to verify the bug, so I took a new patch I quickly put together and tried to move it with Axe Manage Presets, same result, the patch disappears and is lost.

I just found a pretty bad bug, I can't say though if it is caused by the latest firmware or the latest update for Axe Edit. Anyway, I wanted to reorganize some of my patches, so I started Axe Edit (version 3.14.4, should be the latest version) and went to Axe Manage Presets. I then moved some presets from Position 4 and 5 to position 30 and 31, in both cases I used the cut /paste funtion and of course I saved after doing so. Axe Manage Presets showed both patches on the new positions, so far so good. Then I did the same thing to two other patches, moving them to slots 4 and 5. Again, after saving everything, Axe Manage Presets showed me those patches on position 4 and 5 now. But after closing Axe Manage Presets all of those slots are empty! The 2 patches that I moved to slots 30 and 31 are gone, and those other 2 patches that I then moved to slots 4 and 5 are gone too. I tried to reboot my Axe FX (it is an Axe FX II XL, running Ares 1.03) but nothing changed, I lost all 4 patches. After that I just tried to verify the bug, so I took a new patch I quickly put together and tried to move it with Axe Manage Presets, same result, the patch disappears and is lost.

I even wrote that yesterday.
I tried to COPY!
That even doesn‘t work.
Good to see, that I didn‘t try to move presets ...
Doing it at the Axe itself, there is no problem.
It‘s an editors bug.

Back
Top Bottom