Moving from FX8 to AX8

Eduard

Inspired
I am thinking of moving from my FX8 to AX8 but I play in a coverband and I have many songpresets which would take me a lot of time to set up again on the AX8.
Can I copy the presets so I can keep the delay, reverb etc settings and I only have to update the drive / amp blocks? I couldn't find a clear answer in this forum or anywhere on the net.
I read this but don't what is meant exactly by this:

"The FX8 and AX8 cannot share presets, but you can transfer individual block settings from one product to another using Fracta'l Audio's editors."

does this mean you simply import your. syx in the AX8 preset?

"The FX8 and AX8 cannot share presets, but you can transfer individual block settings from one product to another using Fracta'l Audio's editors."

does this mean you simply import your. syx in the AX8 preset?
No, it does not.
You may transfer each preset manually, block by block (.blk files), a kind of hard and dull work IMO.
You may also try Fractool, an application capable to convert FX8 presets to AX8 format. Fractool has some limitations, but it's much easier than the previous option.

exporting blocks is easy and would be a good way to backup all your individual FX settings so that you can recycle your delay, reverb, etc settings for new patches.

Export your FX blocks to your PC. When you create a preset on the AX8 you can import your FX blocks to the AX8.

I moved from an FX8 to an AX8 myself and did this same thing. It is definitely worth it if you are in a cover band.

It will take some time to setup up presets on the AX8 and get used to the Amp/Cab modeling so you will have to spend that time regardless through the learning curve, but in my opinion it is well worth the tones and versatility.

Also there are so many great AX8 presets available from this community that you will never run out of ideas :)

Or you can just do what I do, use both. I run the output of the AX8 into the input of the FX8 using the AX8 for amps & cabs as well as pre efx, and use the FX8 for post cab stereo efx.

I ran into the same 'problem' when I got my AX8. I used the FX8 for almost 2 years so I had over 80 presets to convert. I started out creating all new presets and importing each block which was taking forever. Since most of my presets had the same basic effects, I finally wised up and used a preset as a template and simply selected the effect from the FX8 preset in the block library. Once the preset was done, I simply renamed it and saved it to a different location. This still took some time but much less than creating each preset from scratch. I usually saved my presets as blocks to the block library once I finished one so I was a bit ahead of the game.

One thing you can do is copy the blocks from the FX8 Edit>Blocks folder into the AX8 Edit>Blocks on your computer. You will need to delete the Output (Post).blk and Output (Pre).blk files from the folders in AX8 Edit>Blocks or you'll receive an error message everytime you open AX8 Edit.FX8 Block Folder.PNG

Back
Top Bottom