Moving columns around in layout

PaulC

Inspired
I don't know if this is a bug, I am doing something wrong or my patch has an issue. I searched around the forum but if there, didn't use the right search string.

I am editing a patch and want to move an empty column to the end to add a Looper. When I do this, the links between just about everything in the patch either change or are removed. Not just between the blocks I have disturbed in the move. I have added the links back up and there are changes to the sound and effects which makes me believe the contents of some blocks is also changed (not my patch).

I read through the manual and found "This can result in certain connector cables being modified or removed, so be sure to observe how the elements of your preset are interconnected before proceeding with a MOVE operation". From this I understand it is a known issue that the move is not seamless but wondering if others have also seen it change the patch so much. Is there anything others do to minimize the affect the move has on the patch?

Thanks very much for the help.

Note: I am doing this on the front panel, but have also tried in Axe Edit and see the same thing.

Last edited:
The connectors will definitely change and possibly disconnect. But no block parameters should change.

You can always just put the new block in any empty spot, then move the block to where you want. All the other blocks will move out of the way. Of course you'll have to reconnect things, but you don't have to create a blank spot first.

Thanks for your help Chris. I tried what you suggest and seem to have made it work. My first time doing this kind of layout management.

Back
Top Bottom