Moving Axe-Fx II user presets to the III?

I found the best way to move them is to take pics of all the screens, in AXE Edit II, of the block parameters of your custom presets, on the II. Then go to the III and setup each preset one at a time, using the pics of the block parameters of each preset.
It took me one afternoon to do 10 presets. So it really isn't that big of a deal. The second 10 took me 2 hours. And the benefits are, I really understand the front panel of the III and am now very familiar with each block parameter setting. I went back and forth using the front panel of the III and Axe Edit.
I moved factory presets A, B and C to B, C and D on the III, (I did the same thing on my II XL+), and removed all the presets in A. I now have plenty of playing room, to build custom presets, starting at 1.

I found the best way to move them is to take pics of all the screens, in AXE Edit II, of the block parameters of your custom presets, on the II. Then go to the III and setup each preset one at a time, using the pics of the block parameters of each preset.
It took me one afternoon to do 10 presets. So it really isn't that big of a deal. The second 10 took me 2 hours. And the benefits are, I really understand the front panel of the III and am now very familiar with each block parameter setting. I went back and forth using the front panel of the III and Axe Edit.
I moved factory presets A, B and C to B, C and D on the III, (I did the same thing on my II XL+), and removed all the presets in A. I now have plenty of playing room, to build custom presets, starting at 1.
There's a better way, at least for those having sold their II/XL/XL+ : Use FracTool to see your backups offline and copy settings ;)

There's a better way, at least for those having sold their II/XL/XL+ : Use FracTool to see your backups offline and copy settings ;)
Fractool didn't work for me. It has NEVER worked for me. Must be a piece of hardware it does not like in my Dell laptop, or you have some piece of code Microsoft does not like and thinks it's a threat. And even when I allow it to run, Defender nails it and removes it as a virus. So I have to turn off the virus protection every time i want to use it. I know there is no virus, but maybe it is your job to figure out why your programming generates this threat and fix it? I'm not slamming, I'm pointing out a fact that exists.

Fractool didn't work for me. It has NEVER worked for me. Must be a piece of hardware it does not like in my Dell laptop, or you have some piece of code Microsoft does not like and thinks it's a threat. And even when I allow it to run, Defender nails it and removes it as a virus. So I have to turn off the virus protection every time i want to use it. I know there is no virus, but maybe it is your job to figure out why your programming generates this threat and fix it? I'm not slamming, I'm pointing out a fact that exists.
You have the solution, use a real antivirus

Back
Top Bottom