Moving Axe-Fx II user presets to the III?

Overnight express to Mr. Grenadine, I say. Start a GoFundMe page to make it worth his while.

Are you saying that I should start it? I don’t worry all that much about porting presets. Some blocks would be nice, but overall I think the new grid deserves some rethinking. So I’ll be recreating presets this time, I think.

Are you saying that I should start it? I don’t worry all that much about porting presets. Some blocks would be nice, but overall I think the new grid deserves some rethinking. So I’ll be recreating presets this time, I think.
It wasn't aimed at you, or anyone in particular. But if he is willing to take it on (a huge assumption), I'll start a fund. In any case, it will be a while.

Screen shot all the patches you have now that you and just rebuild them. If you have all the pics of how it is it will take like 5 mins.
That would work for some, but not so well for me. I can easily have ten blocks in a preset, with multiple pages per block. And you can't screenshot and duplicate a tone match. I'm not even sure if the III can use cab files for the II.

BTW, I was born and raised in New Orleans. Bon ton roulet, geaux Saints, lagniappe, who dat, and all that jazz. Miss the food, but not the political corruption and public urination in the French Quarter.

I will enjoy building new presets & watching others work as well.
If @AlGrenadine was interested in doing something similar as Fractool and Fracpad I would have no issue supporting it as in the past. Transferring my existing patches over would not bother me either. The only issue is that I change patches so often that I am not really sure what I have and why I changed it.
The comment about 1st world problems is real.
If the III brings 1/2 as much joy as the II..... money and time well spent.
When your wife has heard you play guitar for 33 years and says that it sounds incredible you know you have the right set up... & the right wife!!!!

I would recommend the Fractal team maybe take a look into this.

It would be really helpful if you could import an Axe FX II backup and at least get you most of the way there. For example, if it could take a patch, select the correct amps, and where there are matching tone dials, map the same numbers. It won't be perfect, but it could potentially really help people who are considering an upgrade to a newer unit but they don't want to lose the tones they spent so much time crafting.

Just my $0.02c, and I sure Cliff and the crew have got plenty of other things to keep them occupied.

I bought my new Axe-Fx II XL+ about 10 months ago so it will be approximately 1 year by the time the Axe III comes out. I would consider buying the Axe III but after spending a lot of time creating or tweaking presets to get some tones that I really like, it's hard to think about starting the whole process over again. In my studio setup I don't need the additional inputs or outputs that the III would provide, so it would largely hinge on how much better sounding the III would be with the greater processing power. Cliff noted that the additional power would enable better profiling for reverb and other factors so it will be interesting to see how much tonal improvement there will be.

Back
Top Bottom