Movie Review: Nobody

I thoroughly enjoyed the ridiculousness of it...

Cliff, you've got to practice suspension of disbelief to really enjoy almost any movie. Otherwise, you're doomed to not have a good time.

I quite enjoyed Nobody - it doesn't have the depth and backstory of John Wick (with a 90 min run time you can't expect it to) but I enjoyed the humour in it as well.

I watched this on a flight to Portland (from St. Louis) and thought it was entertaining. I didn't provoke a lot of thought but made two of the four hours go by fast.

Have to put a plug in for Mr. Show

Another nuance is that a 72 Dodge Challenger with a 4.9 liter V8 is considered bad-ass despite the fact that 72 Dodge Challengers were rated in cubic inches and Dodge never made a 4.9 liter V8 and even if they did in 1972 it would've been about as fast as a John Deere.
Hey, don't dis the John Deeres, they'll pull a plow or crawl through mud that's 3' deep a lot faster than any Dodge Challenger. Hell, it'd pull the bumper off the Challenger dragging it through the mud and I'd laugh about it.

I saw this about a month ago… Really enjoyed it… Was looking for something similar. Hard to find good movies.

This is how I watch Netflix movies:

Attachments

• 11EFF8C2-D675-4001-AA22-285C962E11D3.png
    11EFF8C2-D675-4001-AA22-285C962E11D3.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
Odenkirk has proven to be amongst the most versatile creatives in current show biz….from his 80s Chicago Second City roots which I got to enjoy up close, writer of a couple of iconic SNL Farley skits ,his Mr. Show masterwork, on to
Slipping Jimmy……and this unlikely late entry into international action superstardom……
What a guy.

I couldn't tell if this review was real or satirical until I looked it up. Never heard of it before and honestly thought the scene descriptions being recounted were a joke. I was going to add;

"I loved that scene where the fight spills onto the set of a recording of AGT and the judges and audience watch on in stunned silence until our hero stands bemused in the spotlight surrounded by 20 unconscious mobsters, whereupon the audience erupts and the judges, led by that limey guy who wears his trousers up to his nipples, unanimously vote YES..."

Nobody stars Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, The Great English Baking Show, Dora the Explorer) as Keanu Reeve's brother Hutch Wick. Russian mobsters break into Hutch's house and kill his puppy or something like that.

Turns out Hutch is a former member of the assassin's guild or something like that. Hutch has sworn off that former life but is dragged back into it and exacts his revenge on the Russian mob.

The plot revolves around, uh, well, Hutch killing Russian mobsters. I imagine the screenplay goes something like this:

Scene 1:
Hutch is on a bus and Russian mobsters come aboard. He kills them all.

Scene 2:
Hutch is in his house and Russian mobsters break in. He kills them all.

Scene 3:
Hutch is at the factory and Russian mobsters break in. He kills them all.

As you can see the plot is intricate and filled with nuance and unique twists. One of these unique twists is that Hutch is married to Wonder Woman's mother. She has no idea Hutch is a killing machine in a 5' 8" 146 lb. frame. But he is. Despite his diminutive size he is able to throw 250 lb. muscle-bound goons through windows and withstand blows to the head.

Another nuance is that a 72 Dodge Challenger with a 4.9 liter V8 is considered bad-ass despite the fact that 72 Dodge Challengers were rated in cubic inches and Dodge never made a 4.9 liter V8 and even if they did in 1972 it would've been about as fast as a John Deere.

Christopher Lloyd (Battlestar Galactica, The Color Purple, Showgirls) stars as Hutch's father and is also a killing machine despite using a walker with tennis ball on the front legs and needing frequent insulin injections.

If you are in the mood for a cerebral story with multiple plot twists and unexpected turns (i.e. a bad guy gets shot in the back just as he is about to shoot the hero) then Hutch Wick iV is the movie for you.

My take on it was - if you are burned out from work and bored at home... It makes you feel better to kick the shit of and kill total strangers, then if you're lucky you find out they are murderous criminals, so you don't have to feel bad about it. Oh, and straws have more uses than sucking coke or snorting coke. :p but yep it was fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom