Movie Review: Jurassic World Dominion

By the plethora of utter garbage movies that get spewed out nowadays, I'm convinced that if you just named a movie, 'Plot Hole: Adventures In Abysmal Dialog & Atrocious Acting' people would still give it a chance. Honestly, if they that can't wrap that shit up at the max of 5 movies, don't bother making it.

The last few Star Wars movies were boring, but the Madalorian and the Book Of Boba Fett series’ on Disney were fun and entertaining. The Andor series was a bit tedious, but had some good moments.

The last few Star Wars movies were boring, but the Madalorian and the Book Of Boba Fett series’ on Disney were fun and entertaining. The Andor series was a bit tedious, but had some good moments.
I couldn't make it through more than a few episodes of Andor. Like most of these streaming series it was 30 minutes of content crammed into 12 hours.

I think the next Jurassic Park movie, should star Barney! No CGI needed.

barney dancing GIF

Since I have had my Axe3 (coming up for 2 years now} the test of how good a movie or show is, for me, can it grab my attention away from my Axe3 noodling/experimentation? I recently got around to watching Twin Peaks the Return. I actually had to put the guitar down at points. High praise from me indeed. Maybe it wasn't perfect but it was damn near. I hadn't seen Laura Dern in anything other than the Jurassic movies before and now I know she can really act. I'm actually gonna rewatch it on the big TV from the sofa, as opposed to at my music desk on the laptop. David Lynch does some serious cinematography on this show. Also, the last episode left me feeling very hollow, with much to ponder. Epic.

Buddy, Tiny and Shiny attack him in the hyperloop and then teabag him for good measure.
Hilarious movie review, love it, reminds me of the Critical Drinker. If I was to learn that Cliff does open mic stand up I would put it on my bucket list of things to see.

I couldn't make it through more than a few episodes of Andor. Like most of these streaming series it was 30 minutes of content crammed into 12 hours
In this case, unfortunately for you and others, the admittedly plodding and convoluted pace of the initial few episodes pays off in ways I could not have imagined were possible in the latter eps…for me, this was the richest and deepest of the post Lucas era of mostly debacles.

There is one Jurassic Park movie.
Exactly. It's kinda sad to see my favorite movie as a kid go the path of the Fast & Furious franchise- both JP and F&F just become nonsensical and more and more convoluted the further you go into the movies. Y'know, you start out stealing DVD players, and end up taking a Pontiac Fiero to space...
JP is still nostalgia bait for me though.

Yep. The current state of movies/series is p r e t t y bad. I haven't seen this, but it seems like you're saying that in order to dig it, you have to suspend your disbelief even lower than usual.

The only good thing about bad movies is that they induce some of the funniest commentaries:

I couldn't make it through more than a few episodes of Andor. Like most of these streaming series it was 30 minutes of content crammed into 12 hours.

Have any of you guys watched the Cyberpunk Edgerunners series on Netflix?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/cyberpunk_edgerunners

Seems to be getting some good reviews and it is set in a blade runner type of dystopian future, but it's an anime...

I dunno man, this one was bad, with a capital P-U.

We had to watch another episode of Cunk on Earth to get the bad taste out or mouths.
After the first 5 minutes I was questioning whether to watch it any further. Twenty minutes later we were watching something else. I do enjoy JP but this one was just garbage. Spot on too with the Tim Cook wannabe. 🤦

I had friends say Andor was the best Star Wars to date. It was just meh for me. Fell asleep through some episodes and eventually dropped it.

I’m tired of these “series” that are only 8 episodes. Give me at least 12 episodes. I miss the days of 24. Now that’s a series with an appropriate amount of episodes.

OT, I quite enjoyed Wendell and Wild on Netflix. Didn't get to finish it for other reasons, but I thought it was pretty interesting and unique. Not everyone likes Jordan Peele I guess, but I liked this so far.

Just read an article the other week about another big theater chain closing and how the economics of making movies currently vs how they did it up until a few years is a large factor in that. Hollywood now just bets the farm on extremely large budget CGI-fests which they expect to rake in absurd profits all in one (or two) movies vs smaller budget, more 'conventional' fare which used to fill seats for years. Lots of people aren't interested in all of that eye-candy and want something more substantial as far as stories, characters, and emotional connection.

Hollywood has no idea how to tell stories anymore and makes movies via "the updated for modern audiences content spreadsheet" as an overarching premise for almost everything they spew out. If I hear "subverts your expectations" again I'm going to scream.

@FractalAudio, you seem like you would enjoy the YouTube movie reviewer called the Critical Drinker. If you haven’t checked his stuff out yet, I recommend it!

Absolutely second that recommendation!!! The CD has great, incisive, as well as hugely entertaining, breakdowns on everything that is wrong with movies these days. I find his channel far, far more entertaining, creative, and thoughtful then almost anything I've seen on the big screen in years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom