Moved to a new house need to re-dial tones all over again.

P

plexi59

At the old place, I had carpet in my man cave, now it's hardwood floor, and the "cave" is three times larger, so I get _echo_ in there, and all my amps (and patches on the Axe) all of a sudden sound much brighter. They were _totally_ dialed in for the old room. I guess I need to "deaden" this room a little. What would be the most cost effective way? Hang foam on the walls? Buy a rug? Something else?

I also get pretty terrible hum from CFLs on the ceiling. That's not a problem I had with CFLs before, so I was wondering WTF is up with that?

I would go for a large through rug for the floor, that should shut things up quite a bit. The CFL's sound like they might be on the same circuit the Axe/amplification is on.

exellent book, highly recommended read, before you deaden the whole thing and get a muddy mess.

515Ly6H4gBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Acoustic Design for the Home Studio (0082039532851): Gallagher Mitch: Books

Been there, done that.
Unfortunately my new huge room will never sound as good as my old tinny man cave... no mater what I do.
It's just the way it is, room acoustics is part of the equation.
Adapt, carpet is a good start.... not sure what to do with my giant windows thought.

:?

Back
Top Bottom