Move II presets to III?

A tool to convert between the III and other FAS processors would be great. But a real challenge to develop.

For now, the wiki already lists the parameters of all effect blocks in the III. Many are the same as on the II, some are new or work different, some are gone.

The intent is to add the parameters of the II, AX8 and FX8 to the tables, when time permits.

A tool to convert between the III and other FAS processors would be great. But a real challenge to develop.

For now, the wiki already lists the parameters of all effect blocks in the III. Many are the same as on the II, some are new or work different, some are gone.

The intent is to add the parameters of the II, AX8 and FX8 to the tables, when time permits.
Excellent, very valuable informations for future FracTool

Although I know I would prefer "free" ...

I'd buy such a program at $50 without thought.

Probably would pay up to $100 if it REALLY worked good.

Beyond that, my "cheapness" would probably just work on porting over one patch at a time... :D

If you have a lot of presets, hand porting them is brutal. Tone matches are not even pragmatic or possible for some scenarios. I am going to port a few favorites and hope/pray that some tool becomes available some day.

TBH, a lot of the stock presets are cool; a lot of the mid-gainers I will use as is... but I hate to say it many sound very similar in terms of amp tones (they make many of the amps sound nearly the same); when I port the II preset over it is all good for the most part so I don't think it is a 'new modeling' issue.

Last edited:
If you have a lot of presets.

I have about 90 presets that I use. Of course with channels and scenes I will get it down to less, but the data still has to get from A to B somehow. Maybe via Axe Edit.

I too would be in need of going from XL+ to the lll . . . to start again will all my presets is what will be holding me back to buy a lll.

I've been w/ Fractal since the Ultra....big supporter and user of much of their gear.

Back
Top Bottom