Move II presets to III?

L

luke

Wasnt there talk of a program to make your II presets useable in the III?

I get they are different and there will be tweaking to be done, but it would be nice to not have to copy every line of every effect.

This is like porting an Atari game to XBox. The variables are radically different. The expectation would be that it would be my same preset, but sound better...which WON'T HAPPEN.

Guys...recreate, invent, innovate, adapt, evolve.

I disagree with this as I have re-created several presets from my II to the III & they at least sound as good if not better. The main thing for me would be basic effects chains, delay settings, external controller settings, etc., all the things that will not change no matter what device I am programming. It would be nice to eliminate all the busy work to re-create very specific presets for an original band & then develop it from there. I'm not holding my breath & as soon as my III gets back I will trudge on by hand.

I disagree with this as I have re-created several presets from my II to the III & they at least sound as good if not better. The main thing for me would be basic effects chains, delay settings, external controller settings, etc., all the things that will not change no matter what device I am programming. It would be nice to eliminate all the busy work to re-create very specific presets for an original band & then develop it from there. I'm not holding my breath & as soon as my III gets back I will trudge on by hand.

Fair enough. My own personal experience with preset 'converts' has been to dilute the power of the new unit. Others may have different experiences.

Wasnt there talk of a program to make your II presets useable in the III?

I get they are different and there will be tweaking to be done, but it would be nice to not have to copy every line of every effect.

+1. Likely almost everyone who has an Axe FXII hopes this will be possible at some point.

Fair enough. My own personal experience with preset 'converts' has been to dilute the power of the new unit. Others may have different experiences.

Not been my experience at all. Plus I have 120+ presets to do! Any help to cut down on accomplishing this is welcomed. It doesn't mean that they won't get tweaked & developed from there because they will.

The parameters don’t nessacarily sound the same with like for like knob settings. It’s like putting a firmware 9 II present into quantum 9 on the II, same settings sound totally different due to modeling changes.

Likewise, the III has the power of 4 channels per block, combined with scenes, and the power to run more instances. What may have been the best way to set up a patch on The II isn’t per say the best way to set up a patch on the III

Put into other words, you could maybe set up one preset on the III and cover the same range of tones you needed 20+ presets for on a II or ax8.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to be able to copy some stuff over as much as anyone, but agree with ElectronPirate that it’s probably better to just start from the ground up in most cases.

The III isn’t a II, and trying to load in II settings and make it sound like a II kind of defeats the whole reason of buying a III, IMO

I know that I’ve totally changed the way I’m dialing in sounds in the III, it sounds so good, and with such minimal use of blocks, it’s pretty uncanny how one preset can be an entire rig when you use channels, not to mention modifiers and scenes. I think a lot of guy will literally use just one preset all night long but still over like 20 songs

The parameters don’t nessacarily sound the same with like for like knob settings. It’s like putting a firmware 9 II present into quantum 9 on the II, same settings sound totally different due to modeling changes.

Likewise, the III has the power of 4 channels per block, combined with scenes, and the power to run more instances. What may have been the best way to set up a patch on The II isn’t per say the best way to set up a patch on the III

Put into other words, you could maybe set up one preset on the III and cover the same range of tones you needed 20+ presets for on a II or ax8.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to be able to copy some stuff over as much as anyone, but agree with ElectronPirate that it’s probably better to just start from the ground up in most cases.

The III isn’t a II, and trying to load in II settings and make it sound like a II kind of defeats the whole reason of buying a III, IMO

I know that I’ve totally changed the way I’m dialing in sounds in the III, it sounds so good, and with such minimal use of blocks, it’s pretty uncanny how one preset can be an entire rig when you use channels, not to mention modifiers and scenes. I think a lot of guy will literally use just one preset all night long but still over like 20 songs
I'm pretty sure the III with the same parameters as the II will sound very close, so converting presets has a certain logic and could probably be done

I would definitely contribute some funds to move this along. While I'm enjoying re-working some of my main presets and innovating/updating sounds, having a basic point of reference for the 50 plus presets I frequently use would be a major time-saver.

I could care less about the settings. I'm more concerned about the layout of the presets. So I guess for now, I'll take lots of photos and create from scratch, using the info from the photos and then tweak them.

I could care less about the settings. I'm more concerned about the layout of the presets. So I guess for now, I'll take lots of photos and create from scratch, using the info from the photos and then tweak them.
Really? Use Axe-edit III to slam those out quickly.

The settings will likely take you MUCH longer to do than the layout.

My primary "kitchen sink" patch took about 5 minutes to layout from the front panel. However it took almost 2 hours to get all the settings and modifiers/controllers in place.

Back
Top Bottom