Mounting MFC to a pedalboard

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
How are you guys mounting your MFC's to your pedalboards? I'm using Godlyke Grip Tape and I stupidly applied the grip tape to both the board and the MFC at the same time, so now it's impossible to "latch" them together. I've been basically dealing with it popping off (and my copper pipes holding it in place), but I'm looking for a much more durable solution. I'm thinking about just bolting it in. Has anybody tried securing it using the holes the feet go into? Would that strip out the holes?

My other option would be to remove all the grip tape, clean it all up, then put the tape on ONE side, latch it in place, then peel the adhesive and put the whole thing on the pedalboard.

I recessed about an inch diameter circle on the bottom side of a Trailer Trash board, used these inch diameter thick washers to create surface area and dropped the MFC's foot crews through them. Perfect fit and just enough thread going into the MFC to hold it securely. It's rock solid. The screws are heavy duty as well as the threaded holes on the MFC.

I have pics here

Last edited:
I bought a flat board from Brady Cases that has velcro covering the top.
I just put 3 strips on the bottom of the MFC and it stays in place, even when carrying it by the side handle with the MFC hanging vertically.

I removed the rubber feet/screws and bought some longer screws with the same threading and bolted it directly to the pedalboard.

Unfortunate dealing with that, you have such an awesome board. Mine are just DIY and just took 1/4 ply and put aluminum rails around the outside, solid as a rock. Removed feet from the MFCs and my mission pedals and used the same screws from the feet. So it's screw->washer->ply->MFC. I was too lazy to add handles so just carry by the mission pedals when not in their cases which is just lightweight aluminum ones from some vocopro mics.

Good luck!

I had everything ready (Powertrain 2 / 2 Mission Pedals / all prepped with Dual Lock Tape) for the 3 1/4" TRS cables with angled connectors I ordered from Monoprice.

I had them overnight to to me so I got it this morning.

They totally screwed up the order and sent me what looks like 3 transformer or power supply mounts, something they said they dont even sell . :chargrined:

Waiting on order from Bestronic for same. Arrive next Tuesday.

I will never buy anything from Monoprice again. :-x

Back
Top Bottom