Mounting FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to Temple Audio boards?

PM me your address. I bought the 100-pack and will never use all of them. If you want 8 or 10 or whatever, I'll mail them to you.

Shoutout to Amdowell for being an AWESOME FAS bro and hooking me up with a set of those bolts!

M3.5-0.6x16mm, works perfect with the original rubber feet left on. I added M4 crush washers just to keep things tight, but the fit seemed like even normal flat washers (or maybe no washers?) would work just fine.

Please excuse the dust, I'm going to get everything here in a case one day soon :)

1640098493774.png
1640098506604.png

For those of you mounting your FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to a Temple Audio board, are you using the M3.5x.06 16mm screws?

And are those being used with the "end caps" still on the unit, or removed?

Also, anywhere in the US to source said screws where I can buy less than 100? The local Ace hardware is the best resource around me for this type of thing but they carry no M3.5 at all.

I plan to mount both an FM9 and and FC-12 so I guess I need 8-12 of these screws?
IIRC correctly, M3.5 x 0.6 16mm screws.

EDITED for correction.

See Amazon listing below for the correct item:

Amazon product ASIN B078GY5T3D

Last edited:
IIRC correctly, M8/10 ⅜" (16mm) gun screws. Upscale home improvement stores may stock these. You'll be able to fit only the 4 corners, the center screw holes don't line up. The screws also require thin washers, which I've also got. How many was it you needed?

They're very small, but you'll appreciate them if you'd like to receive them.

I think I've got exactly what you need. You'll need a 2mm allen hex wrench to attach the screws. PM me and I'll send 'em out to you no charge.
Thanks - I got some generouslydonated already by @Amdowell.

They are as I mentioned M3.5-.06x16mm. Perfect fit for both FM9 and FC-12.

Went all over town today, couldn't find the right screw to save my life. The M3 .5 is NOT it, the thread on the fractal is fine not coarse. It'll go but you're gonna cheese the threads of the bosses on the FM.
If anyone still had and spares I'll gladly send ya a few bucks for your trouble..

Went all over town today, couldn't find the right screw to save my life. The M3 .5 is NOT it, the thread on the fractal is fine not coarse. It'll go but you're gonna cheese the threads of the bosses on the FM.
If anyone still had and spares I'll gladly send ya a few bucks for your trouble..
The M3.5-.06 is the correct screw... That is what I used and many others also used.

The .06 may be the key part... I am not sure but I think that refers to the coarseness.

How many do you need? The ones I've got are M8/10 ⅜" (16mm). They may look small, but they're also fine thread...and also have the associated washers. Can provide 4 for you, if you'd like...you'll need a 2mm allen hex wrench to attach...

NO countersinking required.
I'm trying to get my FM9 mounted more securely, so sick would be ideal I think. I'd gladly pp, cash app, Venmo you for the trouble!

I'm trying to get my FM9 mounted more securely, so sick would be ideal I think. I'd gladly pp, cash app, Venmo you for the trouble!
Heads-up,

The center holes won't line up when you put 1 in each corner. 4 will be the best you'll be able to do. No charge, though if I send via USPS First Class padded envelope. I purchased at least one spare set for folks who could benefit from these. P.S. Here's your opportunity. Be well, enjoy your toy!

Shoutout to Amdowell for being an AWESOME FAS bro and hooking me up with a set of those bolts!

M3.5-0.6x16mm, works perfect with the original rubber feet left on. I added M4 crush washers just to keep things tight, but the fit seemed like even normal flat washers (or maybe no washers?) would work just fine.

Please excuse the dust, I'm going to get everything here in a case one day soon :)

View attachment 93168
View attachment 93169
What size Temple board is this? Looks wider than a DUO 24 but not as wide as a DUO 34. Thanks!

Last edited:
For those of you mounting your FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to a Temple Audio board, are you using the M3.5x.06 16mm screws?

And are those being used with the "end caps" still on the unit, or removed?

Also, anywhere in the US to source said screws where I can buy less than 100? The local Ace hardware is the best resource around me for this type of thing but they carry no M3.5 at all.

I plan to mount both an FM9 and and FC-12 so I guess I need 8-12 of these screws?
Yes, the M3.5x0.6 16mm screws. Amazon has 10 and 25 packs, but you need to be very specific in your search description, otherwise you'll never find them. Monsterbolts was the company who makes them, and these work quite well. You can read in the product description scroll down a little that these are the correct size, M3.5 x 0.6 16mm.

I put the rubber feet end caps back on, and the 16mm hold well. Takes a little bit of finagling and positioning for things to line up, but once they do, you're good to go.

Last edited:
Yes, the M3.5x0.6 16mm screws. Amazon has 10 and 25 packs, but you need to be very specific in your search description, otherwise you'll never find them. Monsterbolts was the company who makes them, and these work quite well. You can read in the product description scroll down a little that these are the correct size, M3.5 x 0.6 16mm.

I put the rubber feet end caps back on, and the 16mm hold well. Takes a little bit of finagling and positioning for things to line up, but once they do, you're good to go.
That ship sailed months ago... We've already had these discussions since then. I'm the one that gave you the info ;)

Back
Top Bottom