mount MFC on pedaltrain- velcro only option ?

mongey

Inspired
so I have just been carrying around my mfc in the pedal train junior soft case but it moves around a little so want to mount it to the actual board to be more secure

doing the old take the feet off and use velcro seem the obvious method but any other tricky ways without Velcro using cable ties or something ?

I use Velcro to secure mine to a PedalTrain. No issues. I run a top strip the width of the MFC and a bottom strip and it holds great. Or maybe it was two middle strips and I left the feet on? Hmm.....been so long since I looked at that side of the board I forget, that's how well it's secured!

Same for me. I use the super-velcro, it's in no danger of coming off. Cable ties will probably work, but it might be hard to secure it so it doesn't slide around. I use ties on my EXP pedals but those weigh a lot less than the MFC itself.

My problem is that now I want to take the MFC off my PT Pro, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the velcro to unstick! ;-)

Same for me. I use the super-velcro, it's in no danger of coming off. Cable ties will probably work, but it might be hard to secure it so it doesn't slide around. I use ties on my EXP pedals but those weigh a lot less than the MFC itself.

My problem is that now I want to take the MFC off my PT Pro, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the velcro to unstick! ;-)
Use a putty knife, or anything thin and flat to "slice" through the hooks and loops and then pry up the pedal from the board.

I "daisy chain" several zip-ties together and completely secure it to my pedaltrain board in two separate loops. Works perfectly. Also works for an M13 which is also big and heavy. I found that no amount of velcro would secure it if you move your board a lot. With the zip ties, you could hold it upside down and it won't budge

Rick

I use velcro on the pedaltrain. I took the rubber feet off and rescrewed the screws back in with some washers I had laying around. Used Pedaltrain Velcro. No issues.

I got some Dual Lock from Rooster at Trailer Trash Pedalboards to attach my FX8, and soon will do so with the MFC on another board. I imagine that industrial velcro would probably be OK, but the FX8 is heavy and I'm paranoid, so I went with the Dual Lock. It holds incredibly well, I can lift the entire pedalboard by the handle on the FX8, and in fact could not pull the FX8 off if I wanted to, without using a flat blade screwdriver to separate the Dual Lock. Great stuff. Obviously it would work just as well for the lighter MFC.

Dual Lock is the best. But you don't have to special order it, it's available at all hardware stores and even a lot of joints like Target, etc.

I use industrial Dual-Lock velcro on my pedalboard. It holds my MFC-101, a pair of EV-1 pedals, and a Mission controller pedal all in place. My recommendation is to use just a couple of strips on the MFC-101 to start with, and only add more if necessary. I want my pedals to be firmly in place, but still capable of being moved / removed if necessary :)

I used velcro originally, but prefer to have my volume pedal a bit more mobile.

Now, I set the the MFC next to the volume pedal; VP is right in front of me, at my feet for frequent use.

When I case everything back up to move, I wrap the VP in a kitchen towel, and set it back in the original spot on the pedalboard, and put it all back in the case. Having the VP tied down to the pedal board was too clumsy to me.

I don't use one, but my fellow guitarist in the band uses the cable ties for all his pedals. You can get long ones at Lowe's or Home Depot, or put a couple together the make the loop. His seem to stay put fine, so I think it is a good possibility if you'd like to give it a go. They're cheap, so you can experiment and change whenever it suits you.

Use a putty knife, or anything thin and flat to "slice" through the hooks and loops and then pry up the pedal from the board.
In all seriousness, a plastic spatula from the kitchen is $$$. Separates the velcro & doesn't cut up the velcro, wearing it out and leaving plastic shavings everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom