Motu 828 mk3 hybrid

Keg8605

Power User
Anyone have this interface? I've upped my budget and I'm seriously considering this mainly because of the iPad use with cuemix. Besides a great recording interface if I read the manual correctly we could replace our in ear mixer with this and each control our own mix or bus from our own iPads. Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only with a computer as well. The iPad only controls the cue mix software, not the 828. I had an 828 and sold it. Now looking at a Behringer x32 rack. Probably more expensive than you'd like, but they were also making a cheaper iPad version last I checked. Looked pretty damn good IIRC.

Right so as long as my MacBook Pro is there hooked up we would be able to do what I'm thinking right?I don't want the behringer because it's not a 16 channel interface to record with. Would be nice though. I've heard lots of good things.

I still use the 828 hybrid with firewire on Win as my main interface. No issues at all and is fairly stable. I don't use it for recording band sessions, but I do utilize numerous busses in the cuemix app. I have a lot of synths routing through it as well as my Axe and create different bus mixes for my DAW, studio monitors, QSCs (for the Axe), phones, etc. It's not the most powerful software but it works and it's stable, which is saying a lot compared to all of my other interfaces I've owned under $1k. Oh, and you can use it as a standalone inerface too and call up cuemix presets (once they have been created via a PC).

I don't want the behringer because it's not a 16 channel interface to record with. Would be nice though. I've heard lots of good things.

No you're right.... It's a 32x32 interface with 16 Midas pres.

The sound guy I use is a gear head with a good ear. He uses nothing but top quality desks. After trying the full size x32, the only thing that stopped him from converting was the badge. The quality was there, but he wasn't sure how his clients would feel.

So can I record 32 separate channels recording with the behringer? I think you can only record some mixes out. Maybe I read incorrectly.

32x32,,,, even if it was mixes out, it's a 25 bus desk. Download the app. It's seriously powerful. It doesn't need a computer, but does require a router which are a dime a dozen nowadays. Better security and more future proof.

The behringer will send up to 32 inputs to a daw through usb or fire wire. After recording, you can then send all 32 channels back through the behringer x32. The recordings are taken from just after the input trim and prior to any processing on the board. When playing back, the signal is injected back just after the input trim.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, appreciate the details. Think I might have to spring for it.

Back
Top Bottom