Motor drive with 2 mono Cab blocks?

jeppekristoffer

Power User
When using two mono Cab blocks in parallell and.both being active(non-bypassed) and there is Motor Drive value of zero in one block and a non-zero value in the other block, it sounds as if the tone gets hollowed out.

I have not tried this with two parallell Stereo Cab Blocks.

This happends with all combinations of Cabs(old factory, new factory mix cabs and Ownhammers) and all combinations of resolutions(Normal, High and UltraRes).

I'm on fw 13.02.

Maybe there is a natural explanation and maybe you don't want Motor drive in only one block but I thought I could mention it.

Regards Jesper

I tried it and i think it's normal behaviour : If your 2 Cabs are panned mono, then adding motor drive to only one of them creates a sort of phase cancellation.

I tried it and i think it's normal behaviour : If your 2 Cabs are panned mono, then adding motor drive to only one of them creates a sort of phase cancellation.

Thanks for checking.

I just noticed and wanted to inform people.

The other day I tried to UltraRes Cabs in stereo and it sounded awful and first I thought there was some kind of time phase misalignment between the two IRs before I figured out that it was the different settings of the Motor Drive for the two Cab blocks that caused the phasiness.

Back
Top Bottom