Mother of All Effect Emulation preview: TC1210 Chorus/Flanger/Spatial Expander

javajunkie

Moved on to matching the tc1210. This one has a lot of options. I will be matching the settings that TC provides.

Here is a preview of the 1210's chorus setting. Not perfect but not bad for a first stab.

Last edited:
not bad at all ! so far I think I prefer the first half of the clip. no matter which is which :)

Sounds great.
I prefer the second half, there's some kind of flanging in the first half I don't like that much (in a chorus setting).

First 1/2 is the TC1210, 2nd Axe-fx. Both have a delay time going from 1 to ~11 ms (which explains the flanging comment). The second clip accidentally has some feedback in it that was not intended. The first does not have any feedback.

First 1/2 is the TC1210, 2nd Axe-fx. Both have a delay time going from 1 to ~11 ms (which explains the flanging comment). The second clip accidentally has some feedback in it that was not intended. The first does not have any feedback.
eventhough I hoped it wasn't, I thought so. the 1210 sounds extremely wide and has this really thick chewiness going on. Axe didn't sound bad at all, just not as thick and chewy as if you're sticking you're head into a bucket full of caramel :)

First half has a bit more spacial widening modulation... second half is more stiff in pitch...

eventhough I hoped it wasn't, I thought so. the 1210 sounds extremely wide and has this really thick chewiness going on. Axe didn't sound bad at all, just not as thick and chewy as if you're sticking you're head into a bucket full of caramel :)

I used a flanger in that particular example. I need to up the depth on the Axe-fx clip there and there was feedback accidentally set on it that the TC does not have. the Using a delay block, I actually have the axe-fx sounding just as wide and thick as the TC, even more if I want.

First half has a bit more spacial widening modulation... second half is more stiff in pitch...

Yes, besides the the modulation the left and right signals are 90 degrees out of phase. I did not have that going in the second clip.

I used a flanger in that particular example. I need to up the depth on the Axe-fx clip there and there was feedback accidentally set on it that the TC does not have. the Using a delay block, I actually have the axe-fx sounding just as wide and thick as the TC, even more if I want.
ouhh... looking forward to hearing that ! was simply comparing the first clips which were pretty close already for a first stab. seemed to me that maybe Mix was higher for the 1210 as well ?

ouhh... looking forward to hearing that ! was simply comparing the first clips which were pretty close already for a first stab. seemed to me that maybe Mix was higher for the 1210 as well ?

Should have been 50/50 on both - that is where you generally get your strongest effect. Depth is more than likely what you were hearing.

also prefer the first half. Sometimes I feel the chorus in the Axe fx is too 'stiff' (for lack of better terms) and not as lush or wide when compared to other chorus pedals.

The second half has a different waveform for the chorus - it is more like a triangle wave and has no 'dead spots' - it's noticeably better to my ears.

The second half has a different waveform for the chorus - it is more like a triangle wave and has no 'dead spots' - it's noticeably better to my ears.

the second half was the Axe-fx II. IIRC, yes triangle. The TC1210, IIRC, uses a triangle as well. I'd have to look up my measurements again to be sure. This was a while ago. I collected pretty much everything on how the 1210 works, and measured delay times and waveforms. Theoretically there is nothing it does that that axe-fx cannot with the right blocks and routing. However, getting it right is not trivial.

It is one of my favorite sounding chorus/flangers.

I will get back to this soon as well as trying to match my trichorus.

JJ and Vegababy have been around since the very early days of the axefx and added so much on here (and the old forum). The current forum environment is a million miles from where it used to be, I imagine like most of the old gang that they've moved on or are hiding in the shadows of the mods forum. Either way, I miss them :)

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom