Mother of All Effect Emulation: Boss DC-2 Dimension C Chorus

Sean, the Cab is mono. On purpose?

BTW, I'm trying to convert the Dim C settings into a regular Chorus block (mono), because a lot of my presets already use both Delay blocks.
It's a different approach but the result is comparable I think.

Chorus
Digital Mono
Voices: 2
Rate: 0.305
Depth: 9%
Mix: 45%
Delay time: 5.0
Low Cut: 124
Hi Cut: 8625
LFO Phase: (experimenting)
LFO: Triangle
Auto Depth: off
Phase Reverse: none
Drive: 2.00
Width: 0
LFO2 Rate: 0.305
LFO2 Depth: 9%
Stereo Spread: 0

you can get close lots of ways with the chorus. As you remember, I did this with the chorus before. However, since the Dim C has 2 delay lines offset by a couple of milliseconds,the delay lines modulations are 180 degrees out of phase, and the delay lines have a steeper roll off than the chorus you would probably be better off with the quad chorus.

Amp and cab were placed for demo purposes and mono cab is inconsequential because either the chorus is after the amp and doesn't affect its stereo or before the cab which is mono.

Reactions: yek
Understood.

IIRC I can't specify a waveform within the quadchorus.

Understood.

IIRC I can't specify a waveform within the quadchorus.

sure you can. You can have a different waveform for each voice(look in the advanced parameters). You need to use voice 4 for the phase reverse though.

Reactions: yek
Okay, think I got it using the Quad Chorus.

Ran into some problems because the description of the Master Depth in the manual doesn't seem correct (description is the same as for Main Depth).

Master Time: 100
Master Rate: 0.305
Master Depth: 100
Master Feedback: 0
Input: Mono

Channel 1:
Time: 5 ms
Level: 100
Pan: 0.0
Depth: 0
LFO Morph: 0

Channel 2:
Level 0

Channel 3:
Level 0

Channel 4:
Time: 8 ms

Advanced:
HiCut: 8625
Wide: off
Main Depth: 9%
Main Phase: 180
LFO01 Master: off
LFO 1 and 4: Triangle
LFO Rate Mult, 1 and 4: 1.00

Mix/Level to taste, depending on series or parallel position of the quadchorus block.
I'm running it parallel, with Mix at 100, Level at -10 and Bypass set at Mute Out.

Okay, think I got it using the Quad Chorus.

Ran into some problems because the description of the Master Depth in the manual doesn't seem correct (description is the same as for Main Depth).

Master Time: 100
Master Rate: 0.305
Master Depth: 100
Master Feedback: 0
Input: Mono

Channel 1:
Time: 5 ms

Channel 2:
Level 0

Channel 3:
Level 0

Channel 4:
Time: 8 ms

Advanced:
HiCut: 8625
Wide: off
Main Depth: 9%
Main Phase: 180
LFO01 Master: off
LFO 1 and 4: Triangle
LFO Rate Mult, 1 and 4: 1.00

Mix/Level to taste, depending on series or parallel position of the quadchorus block.
I'm running it parallel, with Mix at 100, Level at -10 and Bypass set at Mute Out.

That looks good.

Hello, thank you very much for this great contribution. I'm dying to have the Boss DC-2 Dimension C in Ax FX, but I have a doubt;
How does it work? I have loaded it to my Ax Fx-2 and it sounds, without having the guitar connected, and it doesn't stop playing. It is only a Delay block, but there is no chorus block.
What needs to be done to make it work well? Because it sounds without having the guitar connected, I don't think it works well.

Back
Top Bottom