Most Underrated guitar solos of all time

Not "no one"... :)

If you haven't checked out Tall Ships and Map of the Past by It Bites, both are well worth your time.

OMG. I'm listening to "The Tall Ships". Amazing stuff. I like it so much better than his work with "Arena". Thanks for the tip. I just wish their music was on itunes. Still trying to figure out how to buy it. I might have to resort to <gasp> CD's!

Definitely Allan Holdsworth's "5 to 10" from Wardenclyffe Tower (an underrated album - my fav of his). I've never heard a solo that expresses so much freedom while remaining so beautiful as this solo.

1:00-3:05

Rock you like a Hurricane, Scorpions

I never hear guitarists talk about this solo.

Not a particularly difficult solo. But simply screams.

IMO very few solo's capture the entire attitude of the song like this solo.

One of my all time favorite solos

go to 2:30

I apologize if this was already mentioned; I admit to having read less than the entire thread....

Steve Hunter's intro to Sweet Jane on Lou Reed's "Rock and Roll Animal", as well as his playing all over Peter Gabriel's first solo album.

Last edited:
Steve Howe great solo awesome Tele Tone !!!
Album: Relayer
Song: Soundchaser
3:00-5:27

Here's a not so well known solo of a definitely not underrated guitarist :

Solo start at 0:42

I've always like that solo and song. Shame it is recorded/mixed so poorly. For sure a psychedelic song that is maybe linked to what was reported to be an early musical influence on Jimi : B SciFi movie of his days.

Anybody like that solo/song ? Or I am the only one who's gone ... out of sight.

I think that Jimi's solo on this track might have reflected the one time he used a Fender Blender for some of the long-held sustained tones. Yes, of course this song was outrageous, his playing as always kicked ass and easily lands Jimi honors as the best solo played along with narration of guided inter-planetary tour. Don't open that door! :D

New to the forum and just seeing this. Seems to me a lot of these solo's are pretty famous to be listed as underrated. Here's a great solo few know or remember. Larry Byrom's solo on Renegade from Steppenwolf 7.

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do(Live in Oakland) - YouTube

This solo really give me goosebums everytime i hear it.
And the song is just amazing aswell:)

Due to german crappy youtube rules this was the best i could find sry. There is a 10min live version on a german netradio, played quite often (rockantenne.de) and it is reall just... WAUW....

Ok found it:) WOOOT

This is just so awsome. :D

I was at that show, Think I still have my BGP Day on the Green ticket stub somewhere,

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom