Morphing Presets

Dickie Fredericks

Experienced
Love it and that's how I run my presets. I have in the past used 2 volume pedal blocks in front of the 2 chains to go back and forth. Lately though I notice it seems a bit less CPU is used if you use a mixer and it sounds more correct to me.

So... Normally the pedal (s) go between clean and dirty with the expression pedal and after holding the verb and delay on the clean as a pad w a control switch I can solo over the pad.

Not so if you use a mixer? Im not sure how to place that maybe? I can use the mixer to go between clean and dirty but I lose the sustained chord then.

Not so w volume up front.

Any way to do it with the mixers?

Attachments

• FRIEDMAN 4 x 12 [D].syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
Before the mixer. I also have one after the mixer in the chain as the set and forget solo tone.
if you're using the Mixer block to change between rows 3 and 4, row 3 has the Reverb Hold. if you then switch to Row 4, you've turned off the row with the Reverb Hold, so it would naturally disappear.

I’ve done a similar thing with my ultra for years now (as wells as a lot of other crazy shit). That was one of the main fractal selling points for me honestly.

if you're using the Mixer block to change between rows 3 and 4, row 3 has the Reverb Hold. if you then switch to Row 4, you've turned off the row with the Reverb Hold, so it would naturally disappear.
Yes, I understand that. I'm trying to figure out how to make it work with a mixer instead of the volume pedals. Like possibly moving those to a different row?

Figured out an easier way is to put them in the bottom row and attach the modifier to the input gain. Once you hit the control switch to hold the verb and delay you can them morph to the dirty amp sound. Attach the rev/del modifier to the same pedal doing the morphing. Perfect.

While i was waiting for the FC I used a single pedal for heel down was clean, mid sweep was crunchy rhythm, toe down lead. Worked really well actually.
I’d be interested to hear how you went between three sounds if you’re willing to share!

Look for this on Axechange - Preset name - 3 Sounds / 1 Expression Pdl -
ID 7158 - Author - NDESMAREST
He has compiled a clean w/o chorus and a drive sound.3 Nice sounds using 1 pedal.
One of many Fine presets from him.

Last edited:
I’d be interested to hear how you went between three sounds if you’re willing to share!

i used two different paths for clean vs dirty and switched between them using the mux block placed down stream (just before the two paths converge). Attach a controller to the mux block modifier (map to the exp pedal). You have to play with the modifier settings to get the mux to switch somewhere between heel down and mid sweep.

Then to add delay attach the same exp pedal to the delay block input gain parameter and play with the modifier settings so it only increases above 0 somewhere above mid sweep. Do the same with a vol block for your lead boost. Simple!

While i was waiting for the FC I used a single pedal for heel down was clean, mid sweep was crunchy rhythm, toe down lead. Worked really well actually.
I did a couple of things such as you … lol. Interesting how clever we get while waiting for full abilities of the FC.

I think initially I was swapping scenes with MIDI value controller numbers (ranges for the sweep of the foot pedal EV1).

Also a previous technique was to stay on one amplifier model and then just control the input drive “Clean to mean” while managing master level.

love this thing/place/folks/company

Just full of music goodness!

Look for this on Axechange - Preset name - 3 Sounds / 1 Expression Pdl -
ID 7158 - Author - NDESMAREST
He has compiled a clean w/o chorus and a drive sound.3 Nice sounds using 1 pedal.
One of many Fine presets from him.
Thank you - fascinating! It will take me a while to figure out everything that's going on here, lots of good ideas!

Back
Top Bottom