Morphing Patch (8 Amp Models)

Jerry K.

Experienced
Greetings,
Here is a pretty cool morphing patch with what I consider some really great sounding amps. The patch sounds very good with humbuckers but I really love how all the different combinations sound with single coils! I've been working on variations of this patch for many years but I'm just now getting around to sharing. It requires you to use at least one expression pedal to take advantage of the morph feature. You will need a second pedal with a toe switch if you want to also be able to use the volume/wah. I am posting two versions of the patch one with/without the wah. The guitar audio was recorded directly into my DAW with no additional processing. Enjoy!

Attachments

• JK Morph.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 290
  • JK Morph No Wah.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
I know these posts are from some time ago but I just found this thread. Great tones, playing, and a very useful tutorial on blending tones! I could certainly use this type of technique in some of my presets (FM9).

Been experimenting with this morph preset on my fm9. I was trying to experiment with the modifier on the volume block controlling the morph, and how do I manipulate so that the cleaner amp to dirty amp change happens slower? I know it's with the Slope, Middle and End parts but im not sure which is exactly for what? Can anyone chime in? I know this is an old thread

d
Been experimenting with this morph preset on my fm9. I was trying to experiment with the modifier on the volume block controlling the morph, and how do I manipulate so that the cleaner amp to dirty amp change happens slower? I know it's with the Slope, Middle and End parts but im not sure which is exactly for what? Can anyone chime in? I know this is an old thread
just out of interest...did you have to change the preset to bring the cpu down?

d

just out of interest...did you have to change the preset to bring the cpu down?
I don’t think so but I changed a bunch of it anyway for my needs. Trying to see if I can just get away with 1 volume block post cabs and some other effects. The blending of the amps is more important to me and I just don’t fully understand the slope middle and end of the modifier info

Greetings,
Here is a pretty cool morphing patch with what I consider some really great sounding amps. The patch sounds very good with humbuckers but I really love how all the different combinations sound with single coils! I've been working on variations of this patch for many years but I'm just now getting around to sharing. It requires you to use at least one expression pedal to take advantage of the morph feature. You will need a second pedal with a toe switch if you want to also be able to use the volume/wah. I am posting two versions of the patch one with/without the wah. The guitar audio was recorded directly into my DAW with no additional processing. Enjoy!

Just saw this yesterday and downloaded it to my fm9, then tweaked for my purposes....got say big thank you to you dude...thats gonna get played to audiences.

Just saw this yesterday and downloaded it to my fm9, then tweaked for my purposes....got say big thank you to you dude...thats gonna get played to audiences.
Do you
Know how to better blend the morph between the two amps? I want to make the clean amp last a bit longer through my sweep. And I get a couple volume changes if I sweep slowly. Is this sort of morph thing meant for an in between sound? Or more meant to just go between the two amps without a gap in audio.

Do you
Know how to better blend the morph between the two amps? I want to make the clean amp last a bit longer through my sweep. And I get a couple volume changes if I sweep slowly. Is this sort of morph thing meant for an in between sound? Or more meant to just go between the two amps without a gap in audio.
You can mess with the "morph" curve to control where the crossover happens. I don't try to use the in-between sound, typically just one or the other. I agree, there is a point in the middle where there can be a volume change but I avoid it and it has not been an issue.

You can mess with the "morph" curve to control where the crossover happens. I don't try to use the in-between sound, typically just one or the other. I agree, there is a point in the middle where there can be a volume change but I avoid it and it has not been an issue.
So you just use the other scenes for different sounds then? How come you don’t try to get a good in between sound?

For me I think it is pretty musical just being able to fade from one sound to the other, that's about all I need. I do think you can get some good results with just a little experimenting.
You Mentioned experimenting with the morph curve? What exactly would you
Be changing?

Back
Top Bottom