AFIII Morphing (crossfade) Patches - some examples while I finalise the patches!

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hello folks! Hope you're all fine and dandy.

I'm in the end stages of completing the new version of the ZenRigs morphing patches, finalised with Axe FX III Firmware 12.03, which sounds just great. I've had a bunch of people on FB and the Fractal Forum ask when I'll have proper sound samples up - so, while I'm getting things like documentation and proper sound samples ready, I've made a little video of myself just noodling around with some of the sounds this afternoon.

The patches are ridiculously comprehensive and act as a template you can use to quickly create your own morphing patches easily. They're a lot of fun to use and, for me, make a huge difference for gigging where all I really have to do for any song is load up the patch and then keep my foot on a single expression pedal to seamlessly morph (blend, fade, whatever!) between two tones.

The tones can be similar (e.g crunch to a lead with more gain and delay) or completely different (e.g. clean, chorus, vibe with a reverb and compression to a heavy lead with massive delays, octave effect, fuzz, flanger etc); the patch will let you smoothly shift from one to the other, while preserving delay and reverb spillover to ensure it doesn't sound like one sound has abruptly ended as the other begins.

Many blocks have multiple channels configured within them (and it's all documented) so you can quickly dial in a tone you want, even to the extent of having 4 channels in the cab blocks for different levels of low cut to suit your FRFR / Guitar and a PEQ to cut low end for the same situation or for recording etc. I've thought through all the use cases for these tones for myself and put all my ideas into the patches.

I really dig them - they're my workhorse live patches and just add to the fun of playing for me. I hope you dig them too. Anyway, more 'how they work' and 'how you can tailor them' videos later. I should be releasing these in the next week - I'm excited to share them!

For now, here's the quickly thrown together video of me noodling (as well as a clip at the end of a song I've written with the patches), to give you an idea of some of the tones and some of the craziness that's possible. Cheers! Sukh Ryatt

Back
Top Bottom