Morphing Between Clean and Dirty X/Y Amp

Is this possible on the AX8?
I have a clean and distortion tone assigned to a footswitch with X/Y. Morphing with an expression pedal would be great.
Btw, I am not using scenes, just instant access for everything.
If anyone has an idea it would be really helpful!

Is this possible on the AX8?
I have a clean and distortion tone assigned to a footswitch with X/Y. Morphing with an expression pedal would be great.
Btw, I am not using scenes, just instant access for everything.
If anyone has an idea it would be really helpful!

There's only one amp block and you can't morph between X and Y states with an expression pedal. So, no. There are ways to morph between clean and dirty tones, but you would have to do it with one amp block (for example, assigning drive, master volume, and level setting to an expression pedal and tweaking that). Of course, this means you would have to use the same amp block for clean and dirty tones.
-
Austin

You can't use a pedal to morph between X and Y but you can use an expression pedal to change gain, master volume, and AMP output levels to go from a really overdriven sound to a clean one. As well as other cool changes all with ONE EXPRESSION PEDAL!! Check the video by our very own @fremen at:

You can't use a pedal to morph between X and Y but you can use an expression pedal to change gain, master volume, and AMP output levels to go from a really overdriven sound to a clean one. As well as other cool changes all with ONE EXPRESSION PEDAL!! Check the video by our very own @fremen at:

awesome. I've done some of this but never anything so extensive. Great example thanks for sharing

Have a look at Clarky's thread on morphing in the AXE FX section of the forum. One of the things you have to deal with is that you have to change volume, overdrive and possibly EQ simultaneously. However the rate of change may need to be different for each one

Back
Top Bottom