Morphing amp

Do you wish amp morphing capabilities?

• Yes, sound interesting!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
I do no know if it is doable. Or worthy. But it is a guitar player curiosity... a real wish! :)

I would like to see two amp type selection in the amp block, and a morphing parameter. The morphing is just a mix of all parameter (hidden & exposed).

We could join the bell like of fender with a bit of rawness of jcm800, or dual recto. Or add a lot of dumbleness to a trainwrek.

It will not take more model CPU work: the morph parameters simply replace the standard. A little more memory, for sure.

yek said:
You can do this now. Use 2 amp blocks and mix them.

It is different. I can mix the output sound, not the "circuit". Think of it as one can create a new tube starting from 6L6 and EL34. Not a blend of the two, but one new kind. How does it sound? I don't know. Maybe interesting...

Try adjusting the advanced parameters manually. Pick the amp between the two that has the basic character you want, and compare the settings on the advanced parameters between the two. Try changing some of the parameters on the amp you're starting with to more resemble the amp you want to bring in other qualities from. I do that all the time. For instance, I made a Diezel/Marshall-ish hybrid by taking the Das Metall sim, changing the tonestack to the Hiwatt tonestack, moving the tonestack location until it sounded right (I think it ended up being somewhere between 600hz and 800hz), and tweaking other things until I got more or less what I wanted from it. The end result was thick, deep, and articulate like a VH4, and it had a distinctively British character in the upper mids, but without the noise I generally associate with Marshalls.

Because of how in depth the amp simulations are, a morphing option would take a lot of work, especially if it ended up being anything more than changing the existing parameters for you. I can understand what you're trying to do, but I think you can get at least most of the way there with what's available already.

Tom said:
Try adjusting the advanced parameters manually.

Because of how in depth the amp simulations are, a morphing option would take a lot of work, especially if it ended up being anything more than changing the existing parameters for you. I can understand what you're trying to do, but I think you can get at least most of the way there with what's available already.

Yes, you're quite right. I know advance user work with advance (exposed) parameter. I get lot of useful tone out of my tweaked Dual recto, dumble, trainwtrek or jtm.
The morph will work with exposed and hidden parameters.

A morphing option do not take a lot of work. If a(i) is the factory value for amp A parameter i, b(i) for amp B, then morphed param value is w*a(i)+(1-w)*b(i);
w is the value of the morphing, between 0 and 1.

It's not my intention to discuss the "how's...".

I do like to know how many people think it could be interesting. It's up to Cliff choose if and how to. :D

The AxePC could evolve the Axefx. Maybe the shared emulation code could be used in more innovative and creative ways. Who knows... :mrgreen:

Tom, tnx for sharing your thoughts. It helps to focus the idea!

Back
Top Bottom