Wish Morph with Expression pedal

Hi, good people of Fractal!
I didn't find it on wiki and this why I am asking.
It would be great to have morphing function related to expression pedals.
It may have variety of uses : mix different blocks (toe - delay for solo, heel - enhancer for riffs), mix different types within a block (toe - delay for solo, heel - delay for fatter riffs), mix x and y - alternative to previous.
Not sure whether cpu headroom & architecture allow to implement this but it would dramatically extend creative expressiveness of playing and save some scenes too.

Hi, good people of Fractal!
I didn't find it on wiki and this why I am asking.
It would be great to have morphing function related to expression pedals.
It may have variety of uses : mix different blocks (toe - delay for solo, heel - enhancer for riffs), mix different types within a block (toe - delay for solo, heel - delay for fatter riffs), mix x and y - alternative to previous.
Not sure whether cpu headroom & architecture allow to implement this but it would dramatically extend creative expressiveness of playing and save some scenes too.

Some of that is currently doable. You can attach up to 24 different parameters in each preset to an expression pedal. You can adjust the curves and response times for each of those parameters.

Different block mix is easy - attach to the mix parameter of two blocks in parallel. Reverse the Min/Max on one.

I can't imagine they'd implement morphing between different block types of different X/Y. That would essentially require extra instances of each block running in the background.

Yes. In fact, everything you want to do can be done by the AX8 today, except for mixing X and Y and mixing different types within a single block (although some effects have two instances available, and you can mix between them.

Note that, if you morph delay times, you'll get weird frequency shifts you may not like. That's not a limitation of the AX8—just the laws of physics.

Back
Top Bottom