Morningstar mcII Configurations

DaveZ

Inspired
I am curious how everyone is using the Morningstar with the FM3. I can't seem to find a way to control/select layouts with the MCII. So far I'm controlling scene up/down and preset up/down but I know the device is very flexible.

Dave

I am curious how everyone is using the Morningstar with the FM3. I can't seem to find a way to control/select layouts with the MCII. So far I'm controlling scene up/down and preset up/down but I know the device is very flexible.

Dave
@Admin M@ said “Remote Layout Select via MIDI was in the original spec but fell below the level of a release feature due to its complexity.”

Here’s hoping the feature does get added in a future release.

I have a question regarding the Mcii and the "external control" feature. If I midi learn a button on the mc to External Control 1 - say it picks up cc115 - shouldn't I be able to then assign External control 1 to any mappable parameter and use the assigned button to control it? I am referring to the External tab on the Midi/Remote section.

Thanks

I have a question regarding the Mcii and the "external control" feature. If I midi learn a button on the mc to External Control 1 - say it picks up cc115 - shouldn't I be able to then assign External control 1 to any mappable parameter and use the assigned button to control it? I am referring to the External tab on the Midi/Remote section.

Thanks

Yes. I only use External 1 and 2 and I have them assigned to two expression pedals plugged into the MC6. I can assign either expression pedal to anything in the FM3 that can accept a modifier. It would be the same for using one of the buttons on the MC6, just that it would be an on/off button instead of a continuous expression pedal in regards to how you can control things.

Also, due to the way the MC6 is set up, that button configuration would only work if you've got that CC# assigned to a button. So if in bank 1 on the MC6 you've got preset A (button 1) as a delay bypass, and you switch to bank 2, you'd have to copy and paste that button in or program one of the other buttons to use the same CC# to control the delay bypass.

Back
Top Bottom