Morningstar MC-8 & Axe-FX III

Paul Abell

Curious if anyone has been using this to control their AFIII... I purchased this new for another board a couple weeks ago, but now I am moving a different direction with that and wanted to see how this works with the AFIII before selling it.

I watched the Morningstar video on the MC-6, but I can not get the patches to change. I get scenes to move, but not the patches themselves.

Anyone else have this issue?

I did notice that my the Program Change was turned off on my AFIII, so that is why I could not get basic program changes to work. That is fixed, and was not notated in the Morningstar video on setup... That's how I missed it.

@wcfieldskx thanks for the video link... I did not see this, and I will def view it. I hope that you video will expand on what I need to do for the presets that are beyond 127. from a basic scroll, it looks like it might be covered, so I will def look at it ASAP.

I will follow up one I have had a chance o review the video.
I think the MC8 should be the same configuration for that as on the MC6.

Did you watch this video on Program Changes?

That worked... I know I was trying to figure out if it was the CC # and CC Value and was close to having that part right. I am sure I tried that, but that part is working, so that is working good...

As of now, I can...

1. Access Presets
2. Move up and down within the scenes

That is good... I will keep looking to see if I can directly access a Scene within a preset...

I have everything working so far that I wanted to do...

1. Access Presets
3. Access a scene directly

Hey @Paul Abell , did you see this video by any chance?

I'm wondering if I would have to set up all the nice things he does there myself if I bought an MC-8 or MC-6. And I guess it only works bidirectional if I connect my Axe via USB?! And then I can't connect it to my PC at the same time!?

Did you try any of this stuff?

I have everything working so far that I wanted to do...

1. Access Presets
3. Access a scene directly
Any idea if it can select a message based on current state from the Axe-FX III? Can it read, for example, the amp channel currently selected and adjust the new scene selection based on that, or select a new CC parameter based on a read-back value?

Back
Top Bottom