Morley power wah pedal: how to connect?

Jangri

Hello. I play bassguitar, and recently purchased a Morley Power Wah fuzz pedal for use in a Metallica tribute concert. We will probably play through a traditional amp rig at the gig, but I want to try the Axe in rehearsals, as I have never used it properly in a PA.

First, I tried connecting the pedal before the Axe: Bass --> Pedal --> INSTR input in front of Axe FX.
The Wah button on the pedal sounds good. But there is a crappy sound when I engage the Fuzz button. I have a Gate and compressor block, but I have tried disabling them, and the result is still crap sound.
(One solution will be to use the Wah in front of the axe fx, and enable drive pedal in the axe fx chain).

I have now connected the pedal into the back of the axe fx return / send.
I added a FXloop block after the CAB block. When it's disabled, I get normal sound. Engaged, the sound is terrible. And there is a glimpse of "wah" sound, but it's not as good as when the pedal is infront of the axe in the chain.

I have searched forums and youtube for howto's, but there seems to be a lack of videos showing this.

Or, is there some fundamental mismatch from using the Morley power wah fuzz with an axe fx? There may be something faulty with the pedal as well...?

PS: I know that I could have used a expression pedal instead of the Morley, but I don't think we will be able to use the Axe FX on the gig because we will be 6 bassist's playing different sounds. The Axe fx will be to complicated to give everyone the sound they want I'm afraid.

If you put it before the Axe Fx and disabled other blocks before the amp block and it still sounds bad, then it just sounds bad. :(

Try a different amp or amp settings...

A fuzz and/or wah goes before an amp. I'd put the FXLoop after your gate and compressor but before the amp.

Back
Top Bottom