• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Morgan AC20 with Treble Boost in front - Brian May Guitars demo (video)

Burgs

Experienced
I had to demo a BMG Special for my channel yesterday. That meant I needed to come up with a reasonable patch that paid homage to the referred and revered tones of Dr Brian Harold May. I remember reading that the Morgan AC20 Deluxe was pretty good with a Treble Booster in front of it and it is!

So, following the demo for the guitar (using this patch, see: ) I thought I may as well make a demo for the patch itself. Here it is.

The preset can be downloaded from http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4116

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
When we had to play Don't Stop me now (Queen) in the cover band, I remembered watching this video on youtube (and I might even have downloaded the patch then). I adapted the patch to my guitar, my taste and the song (the cocked wah really helped hitting that nasal Brian May tone)

Anyway - Here is my take on the Don't stop me now solo using an adapted Burgs patch.

bustedstring

Inspired
Great tones, Burgs . . I'm lucky enough to have a Red Special and it is one of the most stable guitars I've ever played. I'm using it thru a Kemper at the moment as I haven't taken the jump to an AX8 or AX FX , at least not yet. Great demo . .thanks for posting.

Burgs

Experienced
When we had to play Don't Stop me now (Queen) in the cover band, I remembered watching this video on youtube (and I might even have downloaded the patch then). I adapted the patch to my guitar, my taste and the song (the cocked wah really helped hitting that nasal Brian May tone)

Anyway - Here is my take on the Don't stop me now solo using an adapted Burgs patch.
That's great! Must learn it myself now. :)

Great tones, Burgs . . I'm lucky enough to have a Red Special and it is one of the most stable guitars I've ever played. I'm using it thru a Kemper at the moment as I haven't taken the jump to an AX8 or AX FX , at least not yet. Great demo . .thanks for posting.
No worries. I'd love to play a close RS one day. One day.. :) Rock!

speedloader

Inspired
The 12AX7 B is my favorite amp for everything soulfull, Johnson/lane stuff, it's ridiculous how well it cleans or how fat it gets depending on pickup volume, without alteration of the top end. I usually crank master and gain, turn the bridge pickup almost down, set a great clean tone, then turn the volume up. I also turn up the bright knob and dynamic presence, and use a master fuzz in front. Legendary tone...

NightWalker

Power User
The 12AX7 B is my favorite amp for everything soulfull, Johnson/lane stuff, it's ridiculous how well it cleans or how fat it gets depending on pickup volume, without alteration of the top end. I usually crank master and gain, turn the bridge pickup almost down, set a great clean tone, then turn the volume up. I also turn up the bright knob and dynamic presence, and use a master fuzz in front. Legendary tone...
i always love Shawn Lane tone on the Powers of Ten Cd.

Top Bottom