Bug? Morgan AC20 Deluxe doesn't change the Preamp Tube Type when selecting a different tube type model

I've found another effect, when playing with the preamp tube types.

I tried the Morgan models and found, that the Preamp Tube Type does not change,
when I switched to a model with a different tube type.
I.e., when I have the 12AX7 model, the tube is 12AX7A in the Axe.
That makes sense for me.
But when I change the amp i.e. to an EF86 B model, the Preamp Tube Type doesn't change to
the EF86 type in the Axe.

May be, that doesn't matter;
But I think, that is contrary to the "multiple tube type choice" system;
Am I right?

Kind regards.
Michael

Even that isn't correct!
The effect described above will also happen, when I select the different amps on the display!
I cannot reproduce this. Please make sure Axe-Edit is paused and not communicating with your hardware.

If select an amp model X, change the preamp tube type for that model, select another amp model Y and change back to amp model X, the preamp tube type is reset to the default value for amp model X.

Similarly, the preamp tube type for amp model Y in the scenario above gets the default for that amp model and not the value I selected before changing to amp model X.

As expected.

I cannot reproduce this. Please make sure Axe-Edit is paused and not communicating with your hardware.

If select an amp model X, change the preamp tube type for that model, select another amp model Y and change back to amp model X, the preamp tube type is reset to the default value for amp model X.

Similarly, the preamp tube type for amp model Y in the scenario above gets the default for that amp model and not the value I selected before changing to amp model X.

As expected.

Thank you for explanation!
But that's not, what I'm talking about.
I'm using the Axe since the Ultra with FW 6.0.
Must be nearly 10 years ago.
I know the behaviour of the Axe you described above.

What I wanted to tell was the following (for me) curious effect.
Step by step ...

1. I'm talking about the MORGAN; not about Marshall, Vox .... or amp X, Y
2. The REAL Morgan AC20 amp has a switch on his backside to choose between
2 different additional preamp tubes to use. A 12AX7 or an EF86.
The other 2 are 12AX7 tubes.
3. Now we have 2 types of models in the Axe; an AC-20 EF86 and an AX-20 12AX7.
4. So my attempt is/has been, that we have 2 internally fixed virtual 12AX7 preamp tubes (parameters),
used for the signal-modeling of the preamp stage, and also 1 additional virtual preamp tube,
which can be a 12AX7 or an EF86.
This last one could be related to the Preamp Tube Type parameter, that can be changed by users.
5. So the DEFAULT Preamp Tube Type in the Axe for the AC-20 EF86 should be the EF86,
and for the AX-20 12AX7 model the 12AX7 tube type when I choose a new amp.

May be I'm wrong, because the special EF86-version functionality has been possibly implemented in the internal
modeling algorithms of the amp, so the Preamp Tube Type parameter only shows the state of the
regular 2 12AX7 tubes.
Only Cliff can give us an answer on this question.

I hope, that has been clear enough to understand ;-)

Regards
Mike

Please stop reporting these things as bugs. You're wasting the time of other people as they attempt to verify what amount to poorly-put questions about how models are captured and not actual issues with the device.

Please stop reporting these things as bugs. You're wasting the time of other people as they attempt to verify what amount to poorly-put questions about how models are captured and not actual issues with the device.

Ok!
Please forgive me, doing that!
I am so sorry!
I swear, that I will never post things like that again!
I will never post any possible bugs.
So all "correct" posting people will never be embarrassed by me!

Your kind of communication is very polite!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom