Wish More versatile modifier channel assignment

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
Currently assigning a modifier is limited to all channels or one of the channels. I propose that this is changed to let you assign it to any combination of channels. So you could have a modifier hooked up on channels A and C but not on B and D. This would make it much more flexible.

A checkbox type UI for this would be ideal, the lazy way would be to just add all combinations of channels to the dropdown. The lazy way could be the starting point and would work well enough for most users with minimal development effort.

Also please add a bypass switch for modifiers so you can compare on/off. Setting the modifier to none will discard any configured settings if you go back to a chosen option.

Last edited:
I like your design, well done! :D 👌👏👏👏

It would be useful to add a "SELECT ALL" button below the 4 buttons A/B/C/D, like this:

View attachment 86642
Or, instead of a "Select All" button, turn "On" and "Off" into buttons. If there's a "Select All", there should also be a corresponding "Deselect All" button, and that'll crowd the interface.

Thinking about it further, I suggest the interface use the first suggested layout, without the Select All button. The A, B, C, D could be highlighted to show when and which channels are currently enabled, but clicking it will open a pop-up where the actual channel grid allows selection by clicking and/or using the keyboard similar to how we can select channels when editing a block. Then there'd be sufficient room to have a "Select All" and "Deselect All" or "Clear All" buttons. I'd also change the title to "Channels Enabled" or "Active Channels".

Last edited:
Or, instead of a "Select All" button, turn "On" and "Off" into buttons. If there's a "Select All", there should also be a corresponding "Deselect All" button, and that'll crowd the interface.

Thinking about it further, I suggest the interface use the first suggested layout, without the Select All button. The A, B, C, D could be highlighted to show when and which channels are currently enabled, but clicking it will open a pop-up where the actual channel grid allows selection by clicking and/or using the keyboard similar to how we can select channels when editing a block. Then there'd be sufficient room to have a "Select All" and "Deselect All" or "Clear All" buttons. I'd also change the title to "Channels Enabled" or "Active Channels".
It's not obligatory to have a "Deselect All" option when you have a "Select All" option.

If the modifier window is not assigned to none, it means it has an active controller. If there is an active controller, it's obligatory to have the active controller assigned to one or more channels.

As a "Deselect all" button have no sense here, only one "Select All" button works fine.

Back
Top Bottom