Wish More Two-Rock amps

Yeah, that's the part where I can't contribute and why I believe modelling the Two Rock JM Sig amp will be difficult. It was not mass produced, I do not own one and they do not pop up regularly.
I would be already happy with just the modeling by the schematics and see how far we get ;)
A schematic — even if it’s correct, which many aren’t — isn’t enough to correctly model an amp. Example: the output transformer has a big effect on how an amp sounds and feels, but a schematic tells you nothing about the transformer other than what it connects to.

Last edited:
A schematic — even if it’s correct, which many aren’t — isn’t enough to correctly model an amp. Example: the output transformer has a big effect on how an amp sounds and feels, but a schematic tells you nothing nothing about the transformer other than what it connects to.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm no engineer, so I do not have idea what is required. On this note a stupid question:
What is the difference by using a schematic and building a real amp and why is a real amp needed for modelling it? Does it imply, that a clone from a schematic will lack something?

Thanks for clarifying. I'm no engineer, so I do not have idea what is required. On this note a stupid question:
What is the difference by using a schematic and building a real amp and why is a real amp needed for modelling it? Does it imply, that a clone from a schematic will lack something?
The Axe Fx models amps at the electronic component level.

Typically electronic components have a specification that allows for their values to be +/-10%.

That is a 20% tolerance. Now consider that, times every (at least, many) component in the circuit.

This also explains why 2 "identical" amps could sound very different.

Also, as Rex already said, many schematics aren't correct.

See post #21 above. ;)

When you build a real amp, the schematic is only one of the design documents you use. To continue the example, what output transformer will you use? What wiill its impedance ratio be? Will you use one with a small core that saturates early, or one with a larger core that offers more headroom? There’s no way to know that from the schematic.

When you’re modeling a real amp, you want your model to be accurate. To be accurate, you need to have the actual amp in front of you, so you can measure that output transformer, among other things.

Count me in as someone who loved to see more Two Rock. Dream would be the JM, but even the Traditional Clean or Classic reverb would be awesome.

The problem is I feel like the ven diagram of Two Rock owners and Fractal owners has almost no overlap. So might be hard to get that amp sent in. And yes I did a quick reverb search to see if it I could afford to buy one, send in and the resell. But slim pickings on Reverb!

Amps can vary from their schematic so it’s important to have the real amp. Little tweaks and component changes during production can make quite a difference in sound. This is why the best Dumble cloners work from the real amps.

Sorry to beat on a dead horse, but I'd love some more Two Rock amps. The two rock Jet 35 is my favourite amp from the Axe Fx.

Anyone just thought about asking John if he can do without it for a while??
In the meantime I can send Cliff my old Barcus-Berry XL-8 (second amp my dad could afford after the Kay 704 caught fire) and my LabSeries L-5...those will keep FAS guys busy till Mayer delivers. Two highly sought after sounds, no? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom